Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have Harry Kane in your England starting XI tonight?

Would you have Harry Kane in your England starting XI tonight?

• Yes, yes I would

Votes: 54 83.1%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • England Schmengland

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
As we can see with our front line, confidence is key.. and he must have loads at the moment... So a yes from me..

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Now then,let me think. We need a goalscorer so..................Yup,no-brainer, start the lad.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
No, it would unbalance a team and shape that has been performing well. Like any side he will have to earn his place, performing well for Spurs and their shape does not necessarily mean he will do the same for England. Unfortunately over the years England managers have tended to be swayed by populist sentiment, and fans and the press are not the best judges - as proved here on NSC frequently - so fair play to RH for not going with the flow.

Stumpy Tim

No, it would unbalance a team and shape that has been performing well. Like any side he will have to earn his place, performing well for Spurs and their shape does not necessarily mean he will do the same for England. Unfortunately over the years England managers have tended to be swayed by populist sentiment, and fans and the press are not the best judges - as proved here on NSC frequently - so fair play to RH for not going with the flow.

I don't think Roy will change the shape at all, but Kane will play the lone front-man role. Sturridge is injured & neither Rooney or Wellbeck are playing that role for their clubs. Personally I would have put either Austin or Ings in the squad too, especially once Sturridge pulled out - Kane doesn't really have much competition for that lone striker role

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Kane, regardless of whether he starts or not, will score a hat-trick*. MARK MY WORDS.

*This may or may not have something to do with a bet I've put on

Oct 25, 2003
definitely worth a go...I'd like to see the media be patient with him though and let him find his feet at that level (doubt that will happen though)

Roy has shown that he's more than willing to give young lads a chance to show what they can do....long may that continue

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. 4-2-3-1 with Kane as the big man up front, behind him would be Roon (central) with sterling and Walcott on the flanks. Carrick & Henderson should play the deep MF roles and I don't care about the rest. This will give our team power, pace and creativity.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harry Kane is tailor-made for this England side, Sturridge's injury has made this a no-brainer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nope

Rooney, Welbeck and Sterling would be my front 3 tonight

I would start him against Italy for sure

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes we should start him, it will be good experience for him and it will get our hopes up as usual before his upcoming cruciate/metatarsal injury 3 weeks before a major finals.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Harsh to drop Welbeck when he is joint top scorer with 5 goals alongside Damari of Israel.Bring Kane on when hopefully we are in the lead and there is less pressure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yep.

In form and on fire, Welbeck has been rubbish this season and sterling seems to be able to pick and choose when he plays

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here