Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying gold and silver online

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Do we have any bullion investors on here?

Are there any reliable online dealers that you use?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
avoid silver, you have to pay VAT. recognise that prices are not going to be the spot gold price, though some gold seems to be a long way off (especially coins). theres a bullion dealer down in the North Laine i'll post if i can remember.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There are a lot of online scammers so beware,
If poss it's best to collect yourself

Try Ats Bullion
http://www.atsbullion.com

Or there are lots of Kilo silver bars on ebay.
Good luck

Agreed unless there is an accredited company to deal with.

I work in online payments and we have handled several cases where our client has paid several thousand dollars to an Ebay seller (I know!) for gold coins and received a parcel containing something worthless but it provides a tracking record to prove "delivery"

Buyer Beware!!!!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
avoid silver, you have to pay VAT. recognise that prices are not going to be the spot gold price, though some gold seems to be a long way off (especially coins). theres a bullion dealer down in the North Laine i'll post if i can remember.
If you buy hallmarked silver tea-spoons on ebay, no vat, simply buy it, weigh it, store it, then sell as scrap when you think you have made enough money.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I've used BullionVault in the past, they have put a fair amount of effort in to ensuring that they actually have the gold that you are buying from them. If you're looking for someone to store the gold then they have vaults in different countries and you can split it between them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would think easiest way to access is something like ishares Physical Gold ETC. Much less hassle than actually having to store the physical metal.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you have strong nerves, the closest I've ever got to trading at spot is through making offsetting put and call margin deals through different trading dealers. You get the best rates, at the lowest cost and can leverage your money by around 50x. There's also the (not frequent) chance of arbitrage between, typically, Singapore and NYC. It's a good way to make or lose quite big sums very, very quickly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here