Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonas Gutierrez Brighton ?

Jan 6, 2013
anyone else think that this amazing man will be a BHAFC player next season ? he definately won't be at Newcastle and he did get on with CH when he played under him at Norwich

wishful thinking ? :bhasign:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Heard messi and ch got on pretty wel at some footballers bash, so for that reason ,does anyone think we have a chance of signing him next season ?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Wants to leave + Friends with CH = Potential signing.
Wants to leave + Friends with CH + 50k a week = Probably not going to be sign for us.

Jan 6, 2013
he played for Norwich FFS
a marquee singing like JG would put bums on seats, sell shirts and be the type of player to lead us to the premier league

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I get the impression that, after what he's been through, this is a man who wants to simply enjoy the final years of his career by regularly playing the sport he loves rather than focus on and negotiate monetary concerns.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Getting a high earner in the squad can be disruptive. I questioned the wisdom of signing Darren Bent, and I certainly thought that Poyet signing Defoe for Sunderland was a mistake.

Will K Jones prove the added bonus for Bournemouth?

If going for promotion, it really makes sense to get an extra striker for the run in. To such an extent I think we should have a 24 man first team squad and leave the wages free for a signing in January each season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cant see it happening but it would certainly make life at The Amex exciting.

Jonas and CH are very good friends.

When Newcastle got beat 6-0 or 6-1 by Leyton Orient I a pre-season friendly CH went straight into the dressing room and said to everyone. ''Any of you who don't want to knuckle down and play for this club in the Championship should say so now and leave'' Some duly did..........Guttierrez was one of the first players to turn round and say he wanted to stay and the rest is history. Newcastle won the Championship by a mile under CH and Guttierez played every match if he was fit.

The lad works extremely hard in training and puts hours and hours of extra work in the gym. For that reason Hughton and Calderwood admire him a lot.

All of that said, I don't actually think he is that great a player. Very strong on the ball but his crossing is poor and he can't really run at defenders and go past them. He is a good steady player but at 31 or 32, that is not the age group that CH tends to sign. He tends to go for age range 20 to 28 with the odd exception when he is making permanent signings. He always goes for players he can recoup or make money on when re-sold. For that reason I don't think he will go for Guttierez

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I get the impression that, after what he's been through, this is a man who wants to simply enjoy the final years of his career by regularly playing the sport he loves rather than focus on and negotiate monetary concerns.

We said that about Bridge

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Not the player he was, too much of a risk for the wages he'll be demanding.

Plus he's hardly going to drop from a big Premier league club to a lucky to survive championship club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not the player he was, too much of a risk for the wages he'll be demanding.

Plus he's hardly going to drop from a big Premier league club to a lucky to survive championship club.

This is often said but the top players have earned their fortune and in most cases want to finish their careers doing what they like ie playing games so wages is not always a problem and also they realise when their time is up at the top and to play need to drop a division. perhaps.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Presently we are club that survived relegation to League 1 by a gnat's chuff, and are renowned for adhering to FFP whilst paying sensible wages.

Hellooo_Nurse__Animaniacs__by_nadia8705.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here