Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Spider Memo's to be released

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The Guardian has won its 10 year court battle agains Whitehall to release Charles Windsors letters to goverment ministers; should make for an interesting read! From a monarchy that is unelected and benign in its political influence.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Well done to the Grauniad for sticking to their guns.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Guardian has won its 10 year court battle agains Whitehall to release Charles Windsors letters to goverment ministers; should make for an interesting read! From a monarchy that is unelected and benign in its political influence.

Worryingly it could show that Charles is in touch with the Common Man and asking the government ministers pertinent questions, which I believe is a right that extends to all of us ?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Worryingly it could show that Charles is in touch with the Common Man and asking the government ministers pertinent questions, which I believe is a right that extends to all of us ?

Problem is that his role as a future King precludes interfering in the workings of a Democratically elected parliament. He knows this, but has decided that his views are 'special'.

Monarchy in the 21st century?!!! FFS!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Problem is that his role as a future King precludes interfering in the workings of a Democratically elected parliament. He knows this, but has decided that his views are 'special'.

Monarchy in the 21st century?!!! FFS!!!

I think he has the right to ask questions pretty much like the rest of us, he can try and influence ministers as much as any of us can but probably with the same result. Chuck may have his faults but I think he genuinely cares.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I think he has the right to ask questions pretty much like the rest of us, he can try and influence ministers as much as any of us can but probably with the same result. Chuck may have his faults but I think he genuinely cares.
And I strongly disagree. Constitutional Monarchy can only work if they keep their beaks out the gubbings. Otherwise we return to feudalism.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And I strongly disagree. Constitutional Monarchy can only work if they keep their beaks out the gubbings. Otherwise we return to feudalism.

Given the rubbish we have to put up with these days maybe we should try it ?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Given the rubbish we have to put up with these days maybe we should try it ?

The subtle point is: and you can read this next bit as many times as you like, if you are having difficulty grasping the implications

We can eject " rubbish" every few years, these leeches are on a job for life, whatever we think of them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The subtle point is: and you can read this next bit as many times as you like, if you are having difficulty grasping the implications

We can eject " rubbish" every few years, these leeches are on a job for life, whatever we think of them

I can see the implications quite clearly thank you, I'm worried that you think that any government minister would actually be swayed by an epistle from Chuck. Surely you can see that most ministers are influenced, far more, by the lobbying from the big corporations that will employ them after they leave government ?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I can see the implications quite clearly thank you, .........blah blah blah, drone drone....

I really don't think you do, but feel free to repeat any old tosh you like, I've pissed in the wind long enough with this nonsense.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really don't think you do, but feel free to repeat any old tosh you like, I've pissed in the wind long enough with this nonsense.

Oh dear, here's hoping your bladder does not keep you awake tonight through overuse.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I can see the implications quite clearly thank you, I'm worried that you think that any government minister would actually be swayed by an epistle from Chuck. Surely you can see that most ministers are influenced, far more, by the lobbying from the big corporations that will employ them after they leave government ?

I think you may be surprised here; feel free to bounce this if I'm wide of the mark.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Look forward to the guardian release of all their documents relating to sponsored articles by big tax avoiding corporation's. A piece about their very own tax haven hiding would be a giggle too.

If newspapers worked in a 'he who is without sin' basis they wouldn't exist.

The Grauniad should be applauded for staying on this one.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"An early read of the letters published so far shows Charles wrote to ministers with concerns on a range of issues including:

Beef farming
Mid-term review reforms are a set of reforms of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy
Problems affecting workers in the dairy sector
Resources available for armed forces
Cherry Knowle Hospital
Badger culling"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could someone read it all for me please, and tell me whether we should pronounce Charles King now, or whether I should be outraged and call for an end to our outdated monarchy.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
"An early read of the letters published so far shows Charles wrote to ministers with concerns on a range of issues including:

Beef farming
Mid-term review reforms are a set of reforms of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy
Problems affecting workers in the dairy sector
Resources available for armed forces
Cherry Knowle Hospital
Badger culling"

Hmmm, not a list that grabs the attention so far. Does he say anything silly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here