Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear: Who should the new presenters be?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
With Clarkson gone and no news on yet on Hammond and May, a new era of Top Gear will begin.

Who would you like to see presenting the world's most widely watched factual TV programme?

I'd like to see May and Hammond stay with Rowan Atkinson and Vickie Butler-Henderson being added to the team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't believe it will continue, BBC obviously giving the impression it will but without Clarkson, Hammond and May there is no show.

However a similar show with those 3 will probably appear on another channel in the not too distant future.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't believe it will continue, BBC obviously giving the impression it will but without Clarkson, Hammond and May there is no show.

However a similar show with those 3 will probably appear on another channel in the not too distant future.

Gop Tear coming to Sky One by the end of the summer. They have to pay for the football somehow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let it die, it had passed it's sell by date anyway. Clarkson is what sold it to the rest of the world. No doubt the BBC will try and recoup the hundreds of millions they will lose by producing some edgy watered down trendy version though.

Will be interesting to see if Clarkson wants to continue with someone like Sky and compete with the BBCs new version.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Let it die, it had passed it's sell by date anyway. Clarkson is what sold it to the rest of the world. No doubt the BBC will try and recoup the hundreds of millions they will lose by producing some edgy watered down trendy version though.

Will be interesting to see if Clarkson wants to continue with someone like Sky and compete with the BBCs new version.

Of course he will, nothing will give him more pleasure than getting one up on the BBC now

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Personally, I think too much credit for Top Gear is given to JC, RH and JM. I think they have been good for the show, but behind them is a great team of writers and producers who've come up with many of the features and on location adventures that have made the show so appealing.

Like Doctor Who, I think Top Gear can survive a regeneration, and with a new cast of presenters would still be a much loved show.

The easiest 'quick fix' would be to stick a female presenter in with Hammond and May and make a whole series of jokes about them being female and not Jeremy Clarkson. Zoe Ball / Gabby Logan / F1 presenter Suzi Perry / Vicki Butler Henderson is already a pro racing driver and presenter - could all do a job filling the female void in the format.

Plenty of male possibilities to step in, Eddie Jordan, Omid Djalili, Idris Elba, Justin Moorhouse...

Can't see it working on any other channel. ITV / Sky will cut the budget and within a series it will be unwatchable (see Karl Pilkington...).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If Hammond & May remain, then the BBC are almost certain to bring in a female presenter, probably from an ethnic minority background. My money's on Diane Abbot

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It CAN'T work on any other channel. The Beeb/BBC Worldwide own the format and trademarks 100%. If Clarkson tries to pitch anything to anyone with even the slightest hint of plagiarism - then they'll be the mother of all court cases.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It CAN'T work on any other channel. The Beeb/BBC Worldwide own the format and trademarks 100%. If Clarkson tries to pitch anything to anyone with even the slightest hint of plagiarism - then they'll be the mother of all court cases.

Fifth Gear cum Scrapheap Challenge cum Three Men in a Boat etc...

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

There are programme clones everywhere on all networks. They could call it Top Steer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here