Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince going to the Prem?

Oct 25, 2003
he's probably past the age that a 'big' team would take a punt on him having the potential to proceed...he'd probably need to be more of a finished article for a big club to go for him, which he isn't (yet). I do think he'll have a great career though, the guy has so much raw ability

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's a great prospect, but I can't help thinking he would disappear without a trace in the PL, he's nowhere near the finished article yet. He needs to be playing regularly week-in, week-out to fully realise his potential IMO, and that's not going to happen if he stepped up this year. We should be putting at least another 2 years on his contract this summer to tie him down, get some games under his belt here, and see where his game is at in 18 months time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I listened with interest to John Barnes on Talksport yesterday talking about Raheem Sterling and how he should remain at Liverpool and prove himself, rather than move to a bigger club, of which he seems to be looking for.

In a similar way, I'd like to think (admittedly with partially blue and white tinted glasses) that Ince should stick around here for a while, and not be thrown in at the deep end.

So many young players have made the move to the Premier League 'too early' and have, I believe, suffered as a result. Yes, I get the "It's a short career" argument, but then it COULD be a long career, of which a lot of it could be screwed if you make the wrong decision and end up in the stiffs of a PL club.

theboybilly

A raw talent is how I've seen him for the last couple of seasons but he has improved immeasurably in that time. I think there might be some issue with his general fitness as he seems to get rested a lot. Rohan hasn't had the best of players around him but I reckon with the return of players like Stephens, March and hopefully Crofts, and also forming a partnership with Kayal will see him really shine.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
he's probably past the age that a 'big' team would take a punt on him having the potential to proceed...he'd probably need to be more of a finished article for a big club to go for him, which he isn't (yet). I do think he'll have a great career though, the guy has so much raw ability

I tend to agree, but if you look the PL it is choc full of similar players that have similar potential/talent playing in France, Holland, etc that our clubs then take a punt on them, I know that transfer fee's might be a problem but still you wonder if clubs sometimes know too much about our English players whilst bringing in an exciting youtube clipped phenomenon that never makes mistakes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Calderwood describes him as a follower, not a leader, and suggests that is what will be the make or break factor in his career. CC also said that leadership would come with maturity and he's definitely got it within him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd be amazed if this story isn't bollocks.

Though to humour it for a second, if we sold him to Liverpool, he'd be back a year later for a fraction of the price.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think Rohan has got a big future, he seems to read the game pretty well and isn't frightened of a challenge. I would like to see him run with the ball a bit more, it must be an intimidating sight to see him in full flow running at a back four, and getting more shots away.

That being said, he is prone to errors, which considering where he is in his career is understandable, but he does try to fix them when he makes them.

Probably a season away from making the step-up to the prem, and probably at least 2/3 seasons to be making a step to a top 6 side.

Oct 25, 2003
I think Rohan has got a big future, he seems to read the game pretty well and isn't frightened of a challenge. I would like to see him run with the ball a bit more, it must be an intimidating sight to see him in full flow running at a back four, and getting more shots away.

when he first broke into the first team he was rampaging all over the place like an enraged rhino and it was great to watch. I think he must have been told to hold back on that a bit because he hardly ever does it any more. I suspect that it didn't sit well with Garcias tactically disciplined approach

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If Liverpool seriously are interested (which I doubt to be honest), then any potential deal should involve Tex staying here :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
when he first broke into the first team he was rampaging all over the place like an enraged rhino and it was great to watch. I think he must have been told to hold back on that a bit because he hardly ever does it any more. I suspect that it didn't sit well with Garcias tactically disciplined approach

I was sitting in the home end at Bournemouth a couple of years ago for the 1-1 (behind the goal where Barnes clumped in that belter). Ince had one of his rampaging games that afternoon, and the Muff fans around us were RAVING about him, I remember one of them saying he reminded him of a young Yaya Toure. The praise was probably a bit OTT, but he was being talked about during and after that game as we walked out the ground.

If he's playing alongside quality and experience of the likes of Kayal and (hopefully) Crofts regularly here, under the watchful guidance of Hughton, then he can only get better IMO.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At Blackburn he had one of his best games for the Albion, screening the back four, winning a lot in the air, some good tackles. So far, so very Bridcuttesque. But unlike Bridders, his work once he has the ball isn't as polished (and Bridcutt has been found out in the PL on this too), so I think he would struggle a bit in the PL, but he can get better, so good luck to him whatever happens (unless he goes to Palace).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the PL at some point but I'd be surprised if it was just yet.

Still, someone might take a punt on the off chance he ends up as good as we all hope he'll be.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
At Blackburn he had one of his best games for the Albion, screening the back four, winning a lot in the air, some good tackles. So far, so very Bridcuttesque. But unlike Bridders, his work once he has the ball isn't as polished (and Bridcutt has been found out in the PL on this too), so I think he would struggle a bit in the PL, but he can get better, so good luck to him whatever happens (unless he goes to Palace).
Why Palace? I know there were some issues from the FA cup match nearly 40 years ago, particularly with Mullers. In fact Mullers was so anti Palace and their fans he …… later became their manager.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've no doubt that he's being scouted, but the article says he is being chased which is hyperbole. If two clubs made firm bids for him, then he would be chased by Prem clubs.
As it is, at the moment, he is attracting interest, but no more than that.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I am sure it is bull, but could the club have been contacted about the possibility of buying Ince? This would surely explain the reasons behind him having played less regularly lately

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here