Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benidorm

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Okay, so this is not Albion related but have been given some good advice on here before so here goes.

Me and the missus are off to Benidorm in May for a 10 day break, flights already booked, but need some advice on accomodation from those that have already been there.

We are a mature couple that are not the fittest, so maybe avoid steep hills and to many steps, we are not really big drinkers but food is important as my wife has a Gluten allergy, so this would be a deal clincher, unless we decide on self catering.

We would want at least three star, although would prefer four or five, price is important although not saying a I want the cheapest going as all that glitters is not gold.

Your advice is appreciated please

Thank you

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you want self catering try alpharooms.co.uk or just google hotels in Benidorm and you will get many come up and then read trip advisor for guidance. It has never let wife and I down we always use this method.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you want self catering try alpharooms.co.uk or just google hotels in Benidorm and you will get many come up and then read trip advisor for guidance. It has never let wife and I down we always use this method.

image.jpg

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
There is a very tall hotel called the Bali or grand Bali which is out of the town a bit in a more 'spanish' area, stayed close to there a few times and it looks pretty impressive, plus you are away from all the lower end English bars and restaurants if thats what ur looking for..Normally i rent an apartment as there are loads of empty places therefore cheap to rent....

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Hotel Venus, Pueblo, Presidente, Don Pancho are all nice hotels, they are situated in the new town part of Benidorm which is the livelier more English part of the resort although there are many more good ones.
The old town part is more traditional Spanish part of the resort with many nice hotels.
There are nice hotels in the Poniente part of the resort but this is generally the quieter part of the resort,this is where the massive Hotel Bali is but it is a bus ride from the resort centre.
Avoid the Benikaktus as this is up a steep hill.
Hotel Cimbel on the seafront is an adults only hotel which looks nice and gets good reviews.
Judging by what you are looking for I would avoid the Hotel Orange, Rio Park, Sol Pelicanos and Ambassador.(nice hotels in there own right though)
There really are too many good hotels to mention, if no luck on here, there is a Benidorm forum on Trip Adviser which is very helpful.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Very few eateries in Spain cater for gluten free. However the good news is the supermercados do! In particular Mercadona chain have a massive range of gluten free, far larger than any I've seen in the UK.

Jul 7, 2003
Hotel Venus, Pueblo, Presidente, Don Pancho are all nice hotels, they are situated in the new town part of Benidorm which is the livelier more English part of the resort although there are many more good ones.

Can't believe the Pueblo is still going. I stayed there in 1985 and in those days it was on the far edge of the resort with just wasteland behind and a market to the side. Just looked on Google maps and the hotel has changed colour (it used to be a dark green). Also just looked up Ray's Chippy and surprised to see it is still going after all these years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just a quickie it was not the last ever episode as a new series has been commissioned and starts filming soon.

Really? Blimey. They had a mass clearout of the characters in that last episode, in fact in the last series. Be interesting who they retain and who the new ones coming in will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here