Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cambridge United fan fighting for his life after being attacked in Southend

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cam...-fights-life/story-26225608-detail/story.html

I'm surprised that this hasn't received the same sort of media coverage that the vicious attack on Watford fan Nick Cruwys did. Another ridiculous assault on a family man watching his football club. He went for a day out with his mates, and didn't make it home.

The scum who get involved with this sort of crap need to be eradicated from our game, and from our society.

Jan 30, 2008
Awful news to hear.

I never enjoyed going to games at Southend. Their fans were never very welcoming and pubs always had an bad atmosphere within them.
Always a day out on the beer, Brighton took over their ground and most of their pubs ,been a couple of incidents no need to say any more
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
no need to say any more
regards
DR

Yes, i think there is need to say more, in the hope that even a retarded ****wit like yourself may one day understand

Simon Dobbin, 41, of Mildenhall, was put on a life support machine after he and a friend were attacked near Southend's Railway pub at about 7.20pm on Saturday.

His family are at his bedside and the community in Cambridge and Mildenhall have rallied together to support them.

Essex police said two men were arrested on suspicion of GBH following a disturbance between football fans which left a man with serious head injuries.

I hope to god, in the interest of mankind, that you have never managed to breed because the idea that another generation could come along being taught your 'principles' is more depressing than anything i could imagine.

I know i am wasting my time but FFS GROW UP. You must be 50 by now :facepalm:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, i think there is need to say more, in the hope that even a retarded ****wit like yourself may one day understand

Simon Dobbin, 41, of Mildenhall, was put on a life support machine after he and a friend were attacked near Southend's Railway pub at about 7.20pm on Saturday.WTF are you banging on about ,that quote was from another post I made and was not related to this incident FFS !
regards
DR

His family are at his bedside and the community in Cambridge and Mildenhall have rallied together to support them.

Essex police said two men were arrested on suspicion of GBH following a disturbance between football fans which left a man with serious head injuries.

I hope to god, in the interest of mankind, that you have never managed to breed because the idea that another generation could come along being taught your 'principles' is more depressing than anything i could imagine.
WTF that quote was from another post and has nothing to do with this incident FFS
regards
DR

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Simon Dobbin, 41, of Mildenhall, was put on a life support machine after he and a friend were attacked near Southend's Railway pub at about 7.20pm on Saturday.

I know i am wasting my time but FFS GROW UP. You must be 50 by now :facepalm:

I think when he's said "no need to say anymore" he's referring to when we played them, not this incident.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Awful news to hear.

I never enjoyed going to games at Southend. Their fans were never very welcoming and pubs always had an bad atmosphere within them.

Southend was always a bit lively on my the aggro front. Last time we played there there was a firm on firm clash on the seafront with several Brighton arrested at roots hall. The Southend Echo headline the next day was "football hooligans in seafront rampage" that was in answer to another ruck in hove involving their boys.

Back in time there has been loads of nonsense. We tried to set fire to the away end once I recall with some dick trying to torch the roof and the away pub, the golden lion, being the scene of the biggest cocaine fest I can remember at any game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Always a day out on the beer, Brighton took over their ground and most of their pubs ,been a couple of incidents no need to say any more
regards
DR

Having seen us play at Southend, I can never recall an occasion when we 'took over their ground'. I think that's a slight exaggeration old son. I know there have been incidents, but it's hardly been the Gordon Riots.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Football violence seems to be on the up this year

It's violence, not football violence.

Some places are genuinely hard like Portsmouth, Liverpool or Southwick/Fishersgate (Sussex) and other places have nutters: Bristol Rovers/Sunderland/Luton/Millwall/Spurs/West Ham/Wolves/Southend. You've gotta be street wise.

Nutters are nutters and they can kill yer. Go mob-handed and they will run away. Don't do that in Liverpool or Portsmouth though.

Southend is a bit like Portsmouth (very close hearsay). If you mess with them, be prepared for more than you bargain with.

Last edited:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Football violence and abuse seems to be on the increase this season. It's a worrying trend the sort of people who tag themselves onto games, presumably to cause trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having seen us play at Southend, I can never recall an occasion when we 'took over their ground'. I think that's a slight exaggeration old son. I know there have been incidents, but it's hardly been the Gordon Riots.
Brighton fans have never taken over anything.
We have systematically run away from everyone, a fact I am 100% proud of, and long may it continue.

For further evidence find the thread of the 'tasty meet up' that was filmed from a block of flats.
It consisted of fat, Stone Island clad men attempting to run up and down the street while waving road works signs at each other.

Quite why anyone would want to be proud of such an event is beyond me.

I very much doubt violence, hooliganism and abuse is on the rise.
It just the reporting of such events as the tolerance has shifted over the last generation while soccerball has become all encompassing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's violence, not football violence.

Some places are genuinely hard like Portsmouth, Liverpool or Southwick/Fishersgate (Sussex) and other places have nutters: Bristol Rovers/Sunderland/Luton/Millwall/Spurs/West Ham/Wolves/Southend. You've gotta be street wise.

Nutters are nutters and they can kill yer. Go mob-handed and they will run away. Don't do that in Liverpool or Portsmouth though.

Southend is a bit like Portsmouth (very close hearsay). If you mess with them, be prepared for more than you bargain with.

Portsmouth 15 years ago , different place these days if you are talking fv

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here