Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Inside No 9 - BBC2 9pm Thursday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In happier news from Auntie Beeb, one of it's best programmes is back tomorrow night:-

I can't believe series one didn't have it's own thread.
'A Quiet Night In' was one of the funniest things I've seen in years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I only managed to catch one of the first series but bye heck was it good, It was the silent episode with the burglars trying to steal the " Modern Art " painting. Very black and yet humorous too. Shearsmith is a genius.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I only managed to catch one of the first series but bye heck was it good, It was the silent episode with the burglars trying to steal the " Modern Art " painting. Very black and yet humorous too. Shearsmith is a genius.
That was 'A Quiet Night In'.
I can't quite remember all of the scene with the little & big dog, I just remember roaring with laughter.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Have to admit that somehow League of Gentlemen passed me by completely back in the days that it was on... but thought Inside No 9 was one of the best things I've seen. Strangely reminiscent of Tales of the Unexpected.. but better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't quite remember all of the scene with the little & big dog, I just remember roaring with laughter.

Yes, coming back to me now ! The ending was amazing with the deaf and dumb door to door salesman er, doing what he did and then stealing the wrong "Art "

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Watched the first two episodes of series one yesterday. It's brilliant! I have a very high resistance to silent comedy, but I absolutely loved the burglary episode.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Have to admit that somehow League of Gentlemen passed me by completely back in the days that it was on... but thought Inside No 9 was one of the best things I've seen. Strangely reminiscent of Tales of the Unexpected.. but better.

Whoa! Did you catch up? The LOG was outstanding.

These fellas are the best out there right now. By a long way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No. 9 was outstanding dark comedy, the one with the dogs and the drag queen was superb.

Really looking forward to this

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I've just realised this should be 10pm.

For anyone new to this claustrophobic dark comedy, and not convinced by tonight's episode, the reviewers talking about it said next weeks is one of the bestest things ever.
So if you don't go with that one, then this isn't for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

That episode with the big and little dog was one of the funniest things I have seen on the TV for quite some time.

Jul 7, 2003
Whoa! Did you catch up? The LOG was outstanding.

These fellas are the best out there right now. By a long way.

And once you have caught up with LOG, make sure you track down Psychoville which was also very dark and very good.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Please God go back and watch League. Utterly superb observational sketch comedy at its stunning best.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
First series was a triumph . This should be as well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
First series was a triumph . This should be as well.

Only saw one due to the time and day of transmission but I'm looking forward to tonight, Reece Shearsmith is an amazing talent, Psychoville was simply amazing, especially Mr Jelly .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, it certainly didn't disappoint. Very black but very funny as expected.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One day Jack Whitehall is going to moan his arse off about typecasting.

But it's his own fault for playing 'that' character so bloody well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Inspiring and bodes well for the series

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Only saw one due to the time and day of transmission but I'm looking forward to tonight, Reece Shearsmith is an amazing talent, Psychoville was simply amazing, especially Mr Jelly .

Agreed, talented folks indeed

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tonight at 10pm.

As said this is supposedly the absolute stand out episode, so enjoy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here