Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds of 15kish next season! How will it affect you?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Fair enough. So you'd agree as a fan that Albion's home games this year, despite everything on the pitch which has been woeful in parts, have been incredibly well attended (ie: those turning up) and season ticket renewals for next year are remarkable.
And this is a testament to the loyalty of the fans and perhaps even some small credit to the club for freezing season ticket prices etc. ? (although of course we all wish they'd signed a better squad.)

No ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thanks again for the clubs view.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The crowds won't be 15K, and so this fantasy won't affect any of us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thanks again for the clubs view.

Not sure that is the clubs view ? We've been woeful on the pitch most of the season. ? Perhaps i've missed it.
Also ask any other club or most other fans in the league to look at the Albion and see the amount of people that buy season tickets and continue to attend home games despite us fighting relegation for most of the season and they would probably say its remarkable. Thats not the club view thats an objective view.
We have the 3rd average crowd in the league yet are likely to finish - what 20th ?
But its something , for some reason, several posters on here , in denial about, seem to revel in any sign its no longer the case and I find that perplexing.
(But yes agreed i'm a right dull old bore about it.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Fair enough. So you'd agree as a fan that Albion's home games this year, despite everything on the pitch which has been woeful in parts, have been incredibly well attended (ie: those turning up) and season ticket renewals for next year are remarkable.
And this is a testament to the loyalty of the fans and perhaps even some small credit to the club for freezing season ticket prices etc. ? (although of course we all wish they'd signed a better squad.)

No ?

i wish they had signed a cheaper squad so 20k could turn up paying £20 each without the club losing £15 million a year!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not sure that is the clubs view ? We've been woeful on the pitch most of the season. ? Perhaps i've missed it.
Also ask any other club or most other fans in the league to look at the Albion and see the amount of people that buy season tickets and continue to attend home games despite us fighting relegation for most of the season and they would probably say its remarkable. Thats not the club view thats an objective view.
We have the 3rd average crowd in the league yet are likely to finish - what 20th ?
But its something , for some reason, several posters on here , in denial about, seem to revel in any sign its no longer the case and I find that perplexing.
(But yes agreed i'm a right dull old bore about it.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Was you at the game last night? It was possibly one of the most important games of the season, in as much as it was our best chance of getting poInts for safety that we had left. And how many were actually there to see it. 14/16k at most. I have my ticket by standing order like many others and I could still cancel yet, so you and the club should not be counting numbers and patting themselves on the backs just yet IMHO.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm surprised at the number of ST renewals, but put it down to 3 things. One is that with food and drink available from early in the afternoon, many people see it as a social as much as a football match. Secondly, I think that for whatever reason, people think that if they give up their seat they'll never find another one (clearly not true). Lastly you have to decide to renew during the previous season. If you had until July to renew I think you would find a lot fewer doing so.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
i wish they had signed a cheaper squad so 20k could turn up paying £20 each without the club losing £15 million a year!

Christ! It must all be so easy in your simple world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Was you at the game last night? It was possibly one of the most important games of the season, in as much as it was our best chance of getting poInts for safety that we had left. And how many were actually there to see it. 14/16k at most. I have my ticket by standing order like many others and I could still cancel yet, so you and the club should not be counting numbers and patting themselves on the backs just yet IMHO.

Yeah. Huddersfield should have had that one that hit the post. Shocking.
I think there was more than turned up for Wigan but yep. A load of no-shows. Hardly a surprise.
And If i'm patting anyone on the back its fans like us who are stumping up £45 for these 0-0s every month and and in remarkable numbers.
And if we can just limp over the line then almost all of em are coming back next year. When i hope we're not having to have to and fros about whether it was 15 or 16K on a Tuesday night but enthusing over some decent signings and performances. *prays*

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yeah. Huddersfield should have had that one that hit the post. Shocking.
I think there was more than turned up for Wigan but yep. A load of no-shows. Hardly a surprise.
And If i'm patting anyone on the back its fans like us who are stumping up £45 for these 0-0s every month and and in remarkable numbers.
And if we can just limp over the line then almost all of em are coming back next year. When i hope we're not having to have to and fros about whether it was 15 or 16K on a Tuesday night but enthusing over some decent signings and performances. *prays*
The summer signings will decide whether or not myself and a couple of others in my family keep our season tickets.I know we will lose money by stopping the DD but we have good seats together, but we are not prepared to fork out another whole season on the same type of dross as this season. So bottom line we are prepared to cut our losses.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd be surprised if the crowd wasn't around 15,000 last night and if things don't improve next season I can see real attendances dropping below this for some matches.

The club are very lucky to have so many season ticket holders willing to pay for their ST and not attend (or too lazy to cancel their d/d).

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm surprised at the number of ST renewals, but put it down to 3 things. One is that with food and drink available from early in the afternoon, many people see it as a social as much as a football match. Secondly, I think that for whatever reason, people think that if they give up their seat they'll never find another one (clearly not true). Lastly you have to decide to renew during the previous season. If you had until July to renew I think you would find a lot fewer doing so.

Point 2 is incorrect, with 20K ST holders the best ones are NOT available, so you leave a good one at your peril.
I sit in the very best ST seats and none of 42 of us has left willingly since we set up at Falmer.
Dead mans shoes literally, unfortunately for the 1 change, that was taken by a friend so never saw the open market

Is it any more tedious than wading through endless Rev drivel? And let's also remember that Rev has been boring everyone on here for months, the tiresome prick.

The drivel about poyet was a snake and 4 years later its the majority feeling,The drivel about the loss of soul and club identity 4 years ago that more and more people are alluding to this. The drivel that murray should not be allowed to leave the club and shouted down about he could be easily replaced. The drivel after the 2nd playoff season where the rotr explained we might have peaked.The drivel regarding how the clubs approach to getting the amex rocking was poor and now we have two bouts of albion albion and rof twirling session,the drivel regarding when the corners got filled in it might make the atmosphere worse. tbf i have not got alot wrong. The bottom line is next season we will lose money and the crowds are lightly to drop over the next three season unless we make a challenge from div 1.(things are not going well)

Also the drivel regarding transport after nearly 4 seasons it still took two and a half hours from hove to the amex for the leeds game.

PS how come you only got bored for months?:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here