Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Square - I don't get it

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Are you allowed to drive down there or not?
The signs at each end say "no cars or motorcycles except for access" yet everybody drives down there and there are regular 1 hour parking restrictions like any other road

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I drive down there regularly, I have not seen these signs?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's supposed to stop the non-shopping people driving through there.

Works well. NOT

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not since they shut the Key Markets. Is Parish's still there, or its great rival MacFarlane's??

Both still there, both have new people running them.

I'm not sure why anyone would use the Square as a road to drive through you always get stopped by someone parking or pulling out. Much easier to use one of the roads either side.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Both still there, both have new people running them.

Thanks - I'm amazed. In the 1970s, one of them had a fancy slide on the till that your change came down in. Great times. My gran worked at the Key Market. Used to enjoy walking along the perimeter of the ornamental ponds outside. Don't suppose those are still there too?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thanks - I'm amazed. In the 1970s, one of them had a fancy slide on the till that your change came down in. Great times. My gran worked at the Key Market. Used to enjoy walking along the perimeter of the ornamental ponds outside. Don't suppose those are still there too?

No ponds

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The fishing tackle shop is a mini marvel, if you are into that sort of thing. The Chinese supermarket is also worth a look, although they could do with more fresh stuff. Their frozen dimsum range is pretty good.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The fishing tackle shop is a mini marvel, if you are into that sort of thing. The Chinese supermarket is also worth a look, although they could do with more fresh stuff. Their frozen dimsum range is pretty good.

It's also got a proper greengrocer (something Shoreham lacks), a baker, a butcher, a hardware store, newsagents etc - It's a classic British high st, I really like it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's also got a proper greengrocer (something Shoreham lacks), a baker, a butcher, a hardware store, newsagents etc - It's a classic British high st, I really like it.

We always go into the florists to buy a bunch of flowers before walking over to the graveyard at St Julians

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

And about six charity shops. Like you say a typical British High St.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here