Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Speech: I'm a Conservative ask me anything

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I'm increasingly convinced that politics has no place on these boards. I am passionate in my political views, and well read on sociopolitical sciences, finance, and the democratic process.... But in all the decades of observance and debate, I'm not sure of a single convert ......and I long ago stopped judging fellows on their own views.
We'll all be sitting at the Amex next season, regardless of who wins in May.
Joy enough in that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm increasingly convinced that politics has no place on these boards. I am passionate in my political views, and well read on sociopolitical sciences, finance, and the democratic process.... But in all the decades of observance and debate, I'm not sure of a single convert ......and I long ago stopped judging fellows on their own views.
Joy enough in that.

But what if Labour introduce a Super Stadium Tax? We might not all be there

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Joy enough in that.

Then you are not as intelligent as your claims of being well read would suggest. A quick look at some other threads would soon reveal that we will not all be sitting at the Amex next season. Some havent' renewed their seasons!!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Been watching this prog, and have to say, 'And young people wonder why politicians do not listen to them?'.

One chap kept on about losing his home as people under 25 on JSA will lose entitlement to housing benefit under current plans. Was not quite so vociferous when challenged on his claim of only getting 3 hours work in four months whilst on a zero hours contract, 'I didn't realise that I could/should be looking elsewhere'. Then went on to claim mental health issues.

At the end of the prog a numpty was heard to ask when the Conservatives would promote a female,ethnic, disabled person as an MP? Big issues like economy, jobs, national security were not even on her radar. Probably be happy on her gap year in South East Asia next year though.......:tosser:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
the greens are going to pass a law that says all grass grown in sporting venues has to be able to prove it heralds from organic, non GM sources.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
the greens are going to pass a law that says all grass grown in sporting venues has to be able to prove it heralds from organic, non GM sources.
It wouldn't surprise me if we were made to grow things on it!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They are actually saying that they will not promote motorcycling, will ban motorcycles from bus lanes, and want to see speed limiters on high powered machines. Time to buy that high powered toy as they will not retro fit in my opinion .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps Labour could use football stadiums for their 4m conversations with the people, that will fill the Amex plus a few more for a while

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Perhaps Labour could use football stadiums for their 4m conversations with the people, that will fill the Amex plus a few more for a while

Labour would get the Construction firms to build and PAY for the stadiums (take the credit as in the hospitals and schools) and pay rent on everything, including the grass for the next 30 years.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I moonlight as a commissioner for comedy programmes. On the basis of this post, you really sound as though you've got potential. Consider this as a job interview: share some more of your insights with us.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I moonlight as a commissioner for comedy programmes. On the basis of this post, you really sound as though you've got potential. Consider this as a job interview: share some more of your insights with us.

I would suggest in the first instance you email my agent, he should be able to assist

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

He should be given your post for starters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here