Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] What a cracking game

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazed there's been no thread on this

NZ through to the WC final off penultimate ball with Steyn hit for six

Absolutely brilliant game (and NZ were my tip to win before the start of the competition)

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

Absolutely brilliant game (and NZ were my tip to win before the start of the competition)

Agreed - fantastic game of cricket. Really pleased for NZ, they've been brilliant all tournament.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I did say on another thread I was off to watch it (on Sky), and yes, a brilliant and dramatic end. Fantastic stuff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jeremy Coney actually said "Marvellous scenes"

Have the South Africans stopped blubbing yet?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Let them blub. Once they stop, they will probably start moaning about the weather and Duckworth/Lewis.

Edit: It appears that AB didn't mention it and was rather magnanimous in defeat, which makes a change.

I suspect that for many in the SA team, that will be their last chance - Steyn, AB, Morkel, Amla will all be mid 30's next tournament.

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The Kiwi's got 300 (to all intents and purposes) in 43 overs off the South African bowling attack. What a run chase.

I can only wonder what England would have got faced with a similar target....145 all out?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you lot have got **** ALL to gloat about....what's wrong with showing a bit of passion ffs....great game , down to the wire which is more than can be said for England's displays against teams of any substance.......Bangladesh bwahhahaha.....!!:tosser: s

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couple of comments on what was a fantastic finish.
1/ Had to pull over as my DAB car radio goes off in the underground car park.
2/ The comment with two overs to go 'Radio 4 listeners are leaving us now for (some religious programme)'

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
you lot have got **** ALL to gloat about....what's wrong with showing a bit of passion ffs....great game , down to the wire which is more than can be said for England's displays against teams of any substance.......Bangladesh bwahhahaha.....!!:tosser: s
I agree that "gloating" is only really allowed when your own team is winning like in an Ashes series, a World Cup or an Olympic Games. We may have to wait a while for that again.

I'll be pleased if/when India or NZ beat Australia. Is that OK?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Agree totally with your assessment of England, they were dreadful, and I think a few of us were happy to lose to Bangladesh to show what a bunch of clueless buffoons are in charge at the ECB. The players have been media trained to accept defeat with David Brentisms of 'disappointment', 'taking positives'. 'moving on' etc. without taking responsibility or acknowledging that their riches for mediocrity via the central contract scheme, casual attitude towards the game and lack of flexibility or ideas has put us light years behind the opposition.

NZ wouldn't have BLUBBED had they lost though today, and I'm genuinely pleased for them. Hope they win in the final.

Let them blub. Once they stop, they will probably start moaning about the weather and Duckworth/Lewis.

Edit: It appears that AB didn't mention it and was rather magnanimous in defeat, which makes a change.

I suspect that for many in the SA team, that will be their last chance - Steyn, AB, Morkel, Amla will all be mid 30's next tournament.

AB could hardly do anything else as his simple missed run out opportunity cost them the game together with a couple of other very good chances. Really pleased for NZ and BM in particular - hope they win it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree totally with your assessment of England, they were dreadful, and I think a few of us were happy to lose to Bangladesh to show what a bunch of clueless buffoons are in charge at the ECB. The players have been media trained to accept defeat with David Brentisms of 'disappointment', 'taking positives'. 'moving on' etc. without taking responsibility or acknowledging that their riches for mediocrity via the central contract scheme, casual attitude towards the game and lack of flexibility or ideas has put us light years behind the opposition.

NZ wouldn't have BLUBBED had they lost though today, and I'm genuinely pleased for them. Hope they win in the final.

This in great big spadesful

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I posted some time back on the Sussex CCC unofficial messageboard that the Cricket World Cup is becoming just like the Rugby League World Cup.

Weeks on end of faffing about as the no-hopers play one another then Australia beat New Zealand in the Final. :lolol:

Would love to be proved wrong of course.....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yep...same as that ...a total embarrasment......good post..!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree that "gloating" is only really allowed when your own team is winning like in an Ashes series, a World Cup or an Olympic Games. We may have to wait a while for that again.

I'll be pleased if/when India or NZ beat Australia. Is that OK?

better ......anyone but Australia ...FFS...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here