Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone like the 'new' BBC website layout?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's visually indistinguishable from too many other news sites -- CNN for starters....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As with most changes on websites, it seems fairly pointless and worse than it previously was.

Over time, I imagine my initial hostility to change will abate and I'll decide I actually like/prefer it...or at least trick myself into thinking that anyway!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The BBC phone app is even worse jumbled and confused as it seems they can't decide what the priority is for people going in to the start page.

First 3 stories concern the tragic plane crash then,

" How to tell if Someone is Lying to you "

" Why Nine Hours sleep may be bad for you "

Then we are back to " NEWS

" Canada Extends IS strikes to Syria "

We are probably stuck with it, I did an online survey for 20 minutes once as requested by the BBC website and it was pretty pointless as they did not make any changes despite the obvious inability to scroll through the site with any sort of ease.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Will get used to it- like all changes it will take a while. All the main news sections still intact. 7/10

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Hate it and have told them so.....just a page of a few headlines now...just like the crappy CNN news site - better off reading newspaper sites now

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Full of non news such as celebrity trash and popularist items.

They will say that the algo that dictates the order/importance is giving credence to the trends and most read items. To me all that does is make me depressed about the generally lowering average IQs across the population.

How long before the BEEB reduces science/proper news budgets in favour of whatever Cheryl was Cole has done?

So depressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here