Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA make $1BILLION profit from World Cup

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Could we not bypass Fifa entirely? Just pick one country to place on the brink of bankruptcy, give Budwieser and Coca Cola a few hundred million each, and give a trophy to either Germany, Argentina, Spain or Brazil every four years. The football is entirely optional.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Sepp Blatter will be re-elected because that is the only way to prevent a full scale investigation into the business dealings of FIFA. I always feel that evantually Blatter will be like one of those old Mafia bosses who turns up to court in a wheelchair and breathing apparatus pleading he is too ill to do some porridge.

£1 billion profit! I'd like to see how much tax they pay on that, but I think we all know the answer to this.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sepp Blatter will be re-elected because that is the only way to prevent a full scale investigation into the business dealings of FIFA.

Indeed, spot on, and he gets continued support because a lot of these tin pot associations are in it up to their necks.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I believe they have an arrangement in which the host nation pays FIFA's tax (or waives it completely in the host country). Part of the deal for a winning bid I think.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I believe they have an arrangement in which the host nation pays FIFA's tax (or waives it completely in the host country). Part of the deal for a winning bid I think.

FIFA paid 'taxes and duties' of $34 million in Switzerland last year, it paid nothing to the Brazilian government.

At 31 December 2014 FIFA had cash and financial assets of $2,340,694,000

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
FIFA paid 'taxes and duties' of $34 million in Switzerland last year, it paid nothing to the Brazilian government.

I thought FIFA was supposed to be 'not for profit' with surpluses going back into the game?

Any responsible 'not for profit' organisation should have a fairly healthy reserve - just in case - but that is ridiculous.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

that really is quite disgustingly eye opening.!!....the world game.??....wonder where it is invested...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here