Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dispatches "How to buy a meeting with a minister"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I find it unbelievable how many people still care about politics, especially on here, loads of you row about who you're voting for but don't seem to get that more and more evidence of how corrupt and out of touch it has become keeps cropping up. They're all the same! The rich will always get richer, voting won't change anything, viva la revolution![emoji109]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The only people in it together are the ones that control us[emoji107]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The money to the Lib Dems was partly for the Bath constituency. Is there a Lib Dem in Bath we know? :whistle:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I find it unbelievable how many people still care about politics, especially on here, loads of you row about who you're voting for but don't seem to get that more and more evidence of how corrupt and out of touch it has become keeps cropping up. They're all the same! The rich will always get richer, voting won't change anything, viva la revolution![emoji109]

IIRC you've stated that you don't vote ? So would you like to detail HOW you plan to change the system if you don't even vote or participate ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I predict more riots in the near future and predict that eventually they will be the only way to get our voices heard, sounds ludicrous but voting for what is effectively an on going reality show (politics) is just as bonkers to me

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
You are suggesting that the best way to change the system is to comply with it?

Seeing as so few of us have any genuine democratic options - perhaps we should stop complying and demand more radical change.

We all know that whatever the results of the general election, there will be no actual change. The same people will be in charge and existing problems will perpetuate.

Well I'm yet to see you suggest something realistic or practical as an alternative so far ( and just stating there will be a revolution doesn't count ).

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You are suggesting that the best way to change the system is to comply with it?

Seeing as so few of us have any genuine democratic options - perhaps we should stop complying and demand more radical change.

We all know that whatever the results of the general election, there will be no actual change. The same people will be in charge and existing problems will perpetuate.

NO, that is not what the post is saying -he says if you want to change it, as you presumably do, then it might be an idea to work from within. That is rather different to necessarily complying. Who are us? It sounds as if you don't think that YOU have an option, but have seemingly taken it upon yourself to include others to ,lend a bit of credence. AS usual more talk about radical change, and very little workable substance.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I predict more riots in the near future and predict that eventually they will be the only way to get our voices heard, sounds ludicrous but voting for what is effectively an on going reality show (politics) is just as bonkers to me
What is it that is so precious about your voice that cannot be directed through the democratic system, with all its faults, that has served this country well for many years. What do you need to tell us all?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What is it that is so precious about your voice that cannot be directed through the democratic system, with all its faults, that has served this country well for many years. What do you need to tell us all?
Er that you're being mugged off

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Give up and be done with it?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Er that you're being mugged off

Are you a descendant of Richard 111 or Shakespeare :drama:

A father and son tag team ! Tag.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills