Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know this thief? Caught on camera......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Badlands Guitars, Brighton, posted on facebook

"BEWARE, this scumbag along with another male attempted to rob our shop today at 6:00 pm, he opened the till and hunted around behind the counters thankfully we keep the till empty and nothing within reach so they left empty handed. Police have attended now and are on the lookout for the two men."

If anyone has any information you can contact the shop via https://www.facebook.com/Badlandsguitars

Dec 29, 2011
Ooh, now I know how to get into a cash register without making a sound, thanks very much.

Can't tell how he does it in the video but in my shop there used to be a hole in the bottom of the till (at the back) you could shove a pen in and pop the register open if it jammed. I assume most tills have something like this. Seems like a bit of a security floor to have it so easily accessible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yep. In the eyes of the law he has not done anything wrong. It's a crazy world.

Wrong, thats as clear an offence of attempted theft you will ever see. Its not a robbery or even an attempted one as no force was used or threatened on anyone. It could be argued that it is an attempt burglary as anywhere behind the counter is technically not accessible and out of bounds to the public and hence a private area so he would be trespassing if he accessed anything in or on that private area. If he is identified he will be nicked and on that evidence alone charged I would imagine.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is the man!

tw1_2378791b.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The till seems rather easy to open

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports