Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay team wages.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Torquay United's players earned an average £375 last week. Good or bad?
Personally, it shows the difference between the leagues, the haves and have nots. Not sure what percentage this is of the clubs income compared to either Brighton or Man Utd.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Torquay United's players earned an average £375 last week. Good or bad?
Personally, it shows the difference between the leagues, the haves and have nots. Not sure what percentage this is of the clubs income compared to either Brighton or Man Utd.

Wouldn't that put them below the average UK working salary??

I think the gap is too great between the top and bottom, but I do concede that footballers provide an entertainment and even at this level, have a skill set that the rest of us could in no way emulate and deserve to be paid a good salary for the product they create.

Double these guys' salaries, but halve those of everyone in the PL. The [substantial] balance should be spent at grass roots levels, creating and maintaining sports facilities up and down the country.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Torquay are now a conference team.I feel that seems like a fair wage, the problem is there are also clubs paying much bigger wages at that level.

As mention before I know of several players who are earning between £500 - £1000 a game at Ryman and Conference South level.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps if people want to tell premiership players what they should earn then maybe you should also announce what your wage/salary is and the job you do so the rest of us can determine whether you are also on an inflated or fair wage!!!

It is a free market. Get over it. Nothing will change.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Fair money for the hours they put in ,at Aldershot we are part time 44 wk contracts and train 3 times a week .The players are on between £400 and £800 tops.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Perhaps if people want to tell premiership players what they should earn then maybe you should also announce what your wage/salary is and the job you do so the rest of us can determine whether you are also on an inflated or fair wage!!!

It is a free market. Get over it. Nothing will change.

I earn more than the average Albion 1st team wage, and work hard for it.
My point wasn't so much the amount, more the percentage of the clubs income compared to the bigger clubs.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Torquay are now a conference team.I feel that seems like a fair wage, the problem is there are also clubs paying much bigger wages at that level.

As mention before I know of several players who are earning between £500 - £1000 a game at Ryman and Conference South level.

The other thing is, does the figure publish include bonuses paid or is it just the basic wage.

The players at Torquay may well be able to pick up a £1000 a week with appearance money, goal bonus, win bonus etc.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
The other thing is, does the figure publish include bonuses paid or is it just the basic wage.

The players at Torquay may well be able to pick up a £1000 a week with appearance money, goal bonus, win bonus etc.
They should sign for Whitehawk FC they get over that for being on the books for the owners skip firm as supervisors as well ...alledgedly:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

In football though the product is the what the players produce so all income is geared to making as much available to improve what is on offer. Probably the same in most areas of the entertainment industry. I would be surprised if Torquay's players can average get a grand a game. They have gates of under 2k and a ticket price of £21 max for Adults. They'll average less than that when you take into concessions.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In football though the product is the what the players produce so all income is geared to making as much available to improve what is on offer. Probably the same in most areas of the entertainment industry. I would be surprised if Torquay's players can average get a grand a game. They have gates of under 2k and a ticket price of £21 max for Adults. They'll average less than that when you take into concessions.

True, but at their level, they're probably quite big on performance-based incentives, surely, in order to avoid paying high basic salaries? Being located down in Devon means they'll struggle to attract players at the best of times, as it's a long way for many to relocate, despite being a pleasant county. Think that's why Plymouth have struggled financially in recent years, as they've always had to offer fairly big money to persuade players to move to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here