Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What type of person are you? (It might be used in evidence against you?)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you have got time to spare:

The Paragon Learning Style Inventory (PLSI) is a self-administered survey that provides a very reliable indication of learning style and cognitive preference. It uses the four Jungian dimensions (i.e, introversion/ extroversion, intuition/sensation, thinking/feeling, and judging/perceiving) that are also used by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Murphy Meisgeir Type Indicator, and the Keirsey-Bates Temperament Sorter. But this is the only instrument that can be self-scored and works with ages 9-adult.

http://web.calstatela.edu/faculty/jshindl/plsi/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator

I found a promoter who nearly fell on the floor
I've never engaged in this kind of thing before

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter

But I think it can be easily done.

I am INTP.

Last edited:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
INFP

only weakly 'i'.

These tests really are very accurate if you 'know yourself' well enough to be able to complete them honestly.
Predicted the jobs of family members and partners of mine. Also gives indications about what type of personality would fit for a partner.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: A watered down version of these questionnaires is used by some employers for recruiting.

? Would you use it to recruit a Football Manager?

I would say Gus Poyet was ENTP which may explain some of his idosyncrasies.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Done MBTI so many times for work-related stuff that I can now answer the questions to appear any of the 16 "types". My true type is ENTJ though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
PS: A watered down version of these questionnaires is used by some employers for recruiting.

? Would you use it to recruit a Football Manager?

I would say Gus Poyet was ENTP which may explain some of his idosyncrasies.

or maybe a ****

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
ISTJ is me. Is there a theme developing?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That a great many people will beleive anything that someone they perceive is smarter than them says?

This survey of course relies on the premice that you think Carl Jung and all he said is the indesputable truth.

Quite so. I wouldn't want to work for any organisation that used it to select employees or members.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Head Hunters

That a great many people will beleive anything that someone they perceive is smarter than them says?

This survey of course relies on the premice that you think Carl Jung and all he said is the indesputable truth.

Only an ESFJ would say something like that. ESFJs rarely, if at all, can be bothered to do these tests, which kinda skews the stats.

PS: I have just noted you came up as ISTP. That's why they have lots of questions.

Sophisticated analysts can deduce the character type from the letter you write to apply for a job. Or by anything you write on an Internet Forum.

Last edited:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Used to be ENTP, now I am ENFP.. I looked through the details and it seems to have me pretty much bang on now....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quite so. I wouldn't want to work for any organisation that used it to select employees or members.

Used to use it as one of a number of tests in the recruitment process. Primarily to check whether the type of person portrayed in the interview matched the type of person portrayed on the test. If they did, it added weight to interview process that what you saw was what you were getting. If not, it may be worth further investigation at a second interview if you thought the candidate was worth it.

(And, in my experience on these tests, people can and will change a bit, depending on the environment and people they work with. However, asking them to do something completely outside of their area may not be a good idea).

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wire in the Blood

There are far worse tests that are used!

I reckon it is quite good and if it was done properly could match people to the right jobs. Or at least make sure they were excluded for jobs that were unsuitable for them.

http://www.personalitypage.com/careers.html

It is when employers treat the tests as gospel that it can be a bad idea. Lots of the tests are not very well devised and could be misleading. I thought the tests used at interviews I have been to were awful.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Used to use it as one of a number of tests in the recruitment process. Primarily to check whether the type of person portrayed in the interview matched the type of person portrayed on the test. If they did, it added weight to interview process that what you saw was what you were getting. If not, it may be worth further investigation at a second interview if you thought the candidate was worth it.

(And, in my experience on these tests, people can and will change a bit, depending on the environment and people they work with. However, asking them to do something completely outside of their area may not be a good idea).

That's how I see it being used.

In small firms private enterprise, I think employers use their intuition to whether someone would fit in. Even a Football Manager choosing the players ot build a team ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here