Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting article

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Refs being influenced by the home crowd.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/apr/28/referees-home-team-sean-ingle

Personally I think that the opposite is true at the Amex. I don't think we get over half the 50-50's. I've always suspected we're not well liked by the refs. Perhaps that's a legacy of old Gus who was pretty vocal about the ref standards.

Who knows? Maybe I'm bias and full of expensive stadium bought beer to make an informed decision?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Over 50 years I can think immediately of four outrageous decisions. I expect there are many more.

Two for us at the Goldstone. One against us at the Goldstone and one against us at Withdean. Altogether it has evened itself out, but we had important decisions for us in the last season at the Goldstone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When you watch Chelsea or Arsenal play at home you can here the near-hysteria from the fans whenever any of their players are touched. Every foul is a yellow card, every yellow is a borderline red.

Surrounding the ref with 9 players not only intimidates the ref himself but plays to the gallery, conveying a false sense that the home side has been wronged, encouraging the fans to give the officials a hard time too.

Then you watch MOTD and see idiots like Jason Roberts saying that a simple, innocent mistimed tackle is a yellow card and you realise there's no hope.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here