ch-220315-l229-2351690_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 23rd March 2015
by James Hilsum
It was a massive win, particularly the manner in which we did it as well. "
Chris Hughton

Blackburn Rovers manager GARY BOWYER was very frustrated with his side’s performance and believes his players did not show enough effort on the day.He told Radio Rovers, "I thought the first 45 minutes was the worst since we've been in charge.
"The game wasn't a classic, you look at the standard of the goal that we conceded, and it was shocking. The standard that we expect and the standard that we have set was not met today.
"In the second half I thought we had a bit more of a go, but you can't expect just to turn up and beat teams.
"I thought their goalkeeper has made two outstanding saves, from Jordan's [Rhodes] header that hits the post and Markus's [Olsson] strike from the edge of the box.
"I also didn't think there was an awful lot wrong with the one in the first half where the goalkeeper has fumbled it under a challenge from Jordan. I didn't see any contact.
"It looked like the effects from a tough period, but there are no excuses. It is disappointing to finish the week in the manner that we have after winning three out of three.
"It is a disappointing end and it is even more disappointing when it is in front of your home fans as well. I totally understand the fans’ frustration.
"We now go into the break with this result hanging over us, so it is going to hurt before we play Leeds."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion manager CHRIS HUGHTON was thrilled to end a run of six away games without a victory, as his side moved up into 16th in the table and went ten points clear of the bottom three.He said, “It was a massive win, particularly the manner in which we did it as well.
"Our performances in the away games which we haven’t won have been close affairs, with regards to the result, and we certainly had two good results at Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday.
“But Saturday was particularly pleasing because it’s a tough place to come, irrespective of some of the difficult times they’re having with a few injuries, so we’re really pleased to come away with all three points.
“It is difficult when you’re only a point or a couple of points above that relegation zone, because you’re concerned about other results and how other teams around you are doing. But at the moment we’ve got a group of lads that have worked hard to make sure we steer clear of that and we’re delighted.
“You don’t know for certain how many points you need to stay up, you look at 50 as a general figure. But there are always surprise results; Millwall were leading 2-0 at one stage against Brentford and were looking like they might get a result. Fulham got a good result at Huddersfield as well, so you just cannot tell what will be enough.”

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h] FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h] FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h] TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here