cw-l229-2349330_478x359.jpg

Christian Walton will return to familiar surroundings with England
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:36 23rd March 2015
by Adam Tighe
To put on an England shirt at my home club is going to be quite special"
Christian Walton

Brighton & Hove Albion keeper Christian Walton is eagerly awaiting England’s under-20 game against USA at the home of the club he started his career at, Plymouth Argyle.*The Three Lions host the Americans at Argyle’s Home Park, where the shot stopper spent eight years before joining the Seagulls in 2013.
cw-extra229-2349316.jpg

The goalkeeper, who was named in the England squad for their two friendlies against the United States and Mexico at the end of the month, told seagulls.co.uk, “When I was growing up I had a season-ticket for seven or eight years at Plymouth and I used to go to all the games with the aim to one day play in their first team.
“That wasn’t to be but to put on an England shirt at my home club is going to be quite special.
“Plymouth did a lot for me and probably the main thing was taking me to a tournament in Northern Ireland, which is great for any young player to do.
“You are playing against different teams and staying away from home at quite a young age so it was a good thing for me to experience.
“It is a great club and I enjoyed my time there. I still keep an eye on their results as I am a big fan.
“I went back last season to watch a Tuesday night game but it was a quick stop. This time it would be good to get some game-time there and hopefully put in a good performance.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Walton also added that the fixture being held at Home Park will ensure a good contingent of family members will be able to see him play.“It will be good for my family as those that cannot make it to Brighton to watch me play will be able to get there easily.
“It is a great achievement for anyone to get called up to an England squad and a big honour, so I am looking forward to it.”
England's under-20s face Mexico at Barnet’s Hive Stadium on Wednesday 25th March, kick-off 7.45pm, before Walton returns to his former club for the fixture against the USA on Sunday 29th March, kick-off 3pm.
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h] FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h] FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h] TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here