Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youngsters that could be given a game during the run in.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I guess that Walton may have a few games. Glen Rhea may perhaps have a run out. Anyone else?
Where is Monakana.? I saw him in the DS and he looked very lively.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess that Walton may have a few games. Glen Rhea may perhaps have a run out. Anyone else?

Isn't Monakana still on loan at Mansfield ? Or is that someone else ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't Monakana still on loan at Mansfield ? Or is that someone else ?

He did move on a months loan, that month is now over after their mid-week game against AFC Wimbledon and I haven't seen anything about it being extended. He wasn't in the squad for Mansfield's game at the weekend.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
There was an article in the argus on Friday saying Mansfield wanted to extend but couldn't afford the accommodation costs.

Looks like he is coming back.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
wow - haven't heard that one before, how does that happen?

Mansfield manager Adam Murray said: "Because he comes from Brighton, the accommodation situation may be an issue.

"We are a bit further down the line. It's looking positive. We are hoping for some news in the next 48 hours."

Albion ask for a contribution to wages and for accomodation costs to be covered to ensure they are getting value for money when loaning out players.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I don't think Hughton will do that. Rea and Walton are in no danger of being released anywhere other than on loan, and Hughton's focus has to be on assessing this squad for next season. These games should all be about who has what it takes to succeed in the 2015/16 season.

The last two season's success has meant that our summer recruitment has been slowed by not knowing what division we'd be in so he's in the perfect position to look at the squad objectively and decide who gets a contract renewal, who gets released, who gets on the transfer list and where we need to improve. I don't think he'll be wasting that opportunity.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It would be great if Pappoe could get some game time. Could be one for the future, maybe put the Icelandic wunderkind in the squad for a few games.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There's a few chickens being counted on this thread. We may be in a more positive position than we were a few weeks ago, but we're not there yet. Pretty much all of our remaining games are against teams who still have something to play for at either end of the table (save for Huddersfield, probably).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can we get mathematically safe before ****ing around giving the kids a go?

I would give you MASSIVE odds on us not going down. We're not going down. It's not "****ing around" to give youngsters some potentially vital first team experience.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I would give you MASSIVE odds on us not going down. We're not going down. It's not "****ing around" to give youngsters some potentially vital first team experience.

Indeed, bookies are offering anywhere from 16/1 to 40/1 on us to go down now. Rotherham are the only team with short odds that are not in the bottom 3. Fulham are between 15/2 and 14/1.

I doubt CH would plan wholesale changes but there is nothing wrong in promoting Glenn Rea to the matchday 18 or giving Walton a game or two ahead of Stockdale. There may be a few other youngsters who deserve a place on the bench or being part of the bigger travelling squad to away games so they get the experience of being involved in match day preparations for the first team.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Harris was involved a lot in pre-season

Robin Deen sounds like the best fit u21 striker at the moment, But I imagine with a few out of contract players with points to prove still the most likely will be a few starts for Walton and maybe a couple of sub appearances for Rea

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Charlie Harris
Glen Rea

definitely, perhaps Starkey coming on as a sub.

The better CB IMO is actually Tom Dallinson who is on loan at Dartford, can defend and play the ball out.

Jimmy Grimble

Starkey is very similar to March, be interesting to see how he fares in the first team in comparison to March.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No-one before the Watford game at best and even then probably only Walton with Rea maybe polishing the bench

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here