Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2352181_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
20:23 22nd March 2015
by James Hilsum
I’m absolutely ecstatic with the performance and you could see the atmosphere was so much more relaxed"
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs was delighted with his side’s display in the 5-0 victory over Cardiff City today and dedicated the win to Amy Green, who was stretchered off after 22 minutes.Marrs praised his team’s mental strength following the setback of losing Green, following a crunching challenge midway through the first half, as the Seagulls went on to topple the league leaders.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s always nice to win a game and to win by five clear goals, but I was more impressed by the performance and the way the girls applied themselves.
“I asked for a reaction from last week and I got that reaction from training in midweek and from the game today.
“The main thing we focus on is the performance and we got back to basics with our pass-and-move football. We played it nice and simple and managed to come out on top.
“I’m absolutely ecstatic with the performance and you could see the atmosphere was so much more relaxed; we had a clear focus and a game plan of what we wanted and stuck to it.
“If our end product had been a bit better in the first half, then we could’ve been six or seven up at half-time.
"That’s how good we were in the first half and shows the girls what we can achieve and the potential we have as a team.
“Amy went off injured and the group pulled together; it could’ve pulled us apart as it happened at a bad time, but we came together and picked up the win for her today. We’re all going to head to the hospital to make sure she’s okay.”
green-l229-1900403.jpg

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

There was more good news for Albion after promotion rivals Portsmouth were held to a 2-2 draw by Copsewood, but Marrs was not surprised by the result.“On any day, any team can pick up a result in this league and that’s what makes it so competitive and there are still some really tough games left to play.
“It’s not done and dusted yet and every team in that top four or five have got a chance to win the title. We just need to make sure that we’re focusing on ourselves and not the teams around us.
“We need to focus on how we can perform. If we do that then we’re capable of getting a result in any game. That’s what our focus will be on from now until the end of the season and if teams drop more points, then great. But we’re just looking at ourselves and making sure we end the season as strongly as possible.
“We’re really looking forward to training on Tuesday, but firstly we’ll go to see Amy in hospital and hope this can be the start of something positive for us.”

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here