Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Public looking like fools again

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hunted down? A bit theatrical, but not unexpected from you.
Farage's press office was aware of this planned protest over a month ago according to radio reports this am. Hardly 'hunted down'.

Having said that, nobodies families should be harassed.

Im quite enjoying the NSC UKIP supporters club rally in the face of another...single ukip incident.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Farage's press office was aware of this planned protest over a month ago according to radio reports this am. Hardly 'hunted down'.

Is that really true ? I did suspect there was more to this than initially apparent.

It was always very convenient that this event happened, deflecting the fall out from the latest UKIP wrong-doer.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is that really true ? I did suspect there was more to this than initially apparent.

It was always very convenient that this event happened, deflecting the fall out from the latest UKIP wrong-doer.
The protest was planned some time ago apparently...just caught the end of it on the news so not sure of the details, but the bit I heard was saying his press office knew about it, so wondered why he didnt.

Two versions of the event as well, Farages, and the protest group.

'A statement attributed to a witness to the event, and released by the group appeared to solve the riddle.
It read: “As some protesters and the press entered the rear of the pub, I saw a blonde-haired woman leaving with two children....the scene was calm although she seemed very keen to get out of the pub, possibly not wanting them to be identified.
"At no time were any children seen scared or running away.”

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not the "general public" though is it? It's a 100 odd protesters with an agenda. If the "general public" were hunting Farage down he wouldn't be standing for MP anywhere.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
30 or 40 goons hassling a wannabe politician outside a pub.......the sheer quality of this event is underlined by the woman at rear left taking a selfie in her bright yellow macintosh......for goodness sakes , the western world has changed into such a petty , niggly place.....!! you cannot deny that the U.K' s immigration policy has been rorted by certain sections of the population , it is very well documented ...do these clowns realise how much tax the banks pay....and if the banks aren't paying their tax then it is a government policy problem that is totally out of the public's hands. meanwhile we are bombarded with such delights as big brother , next top model , strictly bollox , and dance moms....and lets not forget sex lead me to the er dept............for **** sake...i swear we are , as a race , getting dumber by the decade...!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The protest was planned some time ago apparently...just caught the end of it on the news so not sure of the details, but the bit I heard was saying his press office knew about it, so wondered why he didnt.

Two versions of the event as well, Farages, and the protest group.

'A statement attributed to a witness to the event, and released by the group appeared to solve the riddle.
It read: “As some protesters and the press entered the rear of the pub, I saw a blonde-haired woman leaving with two children....the scene was calm although she seemed very keen to get out of the pub, possibly not wanting them to be identified.
"At no time were any children seen scared or running away.”
.......are you a dimwit?.....you really think he would take his two young children to a spot where he knew there was going to be trouble?...... even Farage isn't that mercenary...... he isn't my cup of tea, but for gawd sake, stop simply playing to the crowd, just because you think it's right on to do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that really true ? I did suspect there was more to this than initially apparent..
I don't know if I'm now just hyper-sceptical, but that's my default setting now for just about everything, entertainment, sport, and currently politics.

I no longer take anything at face value.
Whatever the 'issue' happens to be the narrative is usually very different 2 or 3 days later.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
.......are you a dimwit?.....you really think he would take his two young children to a spot where he knew there was going to be trouble?...... even Farage isn't that mercenary...... he isn't my cup of tea, but for gawd sake, stop simply playing to the crowd, just because you think it's right on to do so.

The protest was planned over a month ago. As I said, I believe its wrong to harass a mans family over his politics, but, for him to be surprised by the event, is a little disingenuous.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
30 or 40 goons hassling a wannabe politician outside a pub.......the sheer quality of this event is underlined by the woman at rear left taking a selfie in her bright yellow macintosh......for goodness sakes , the western world has changed into such a petty , niggly place.....!! you cannot deny that the U.K' s immigration policy has been rorted by certain sections of the population , it is very well documented ...do these clowns realise how much tax the banks pay....and if the banks aren't paying their tax then it is a government policy problem that is totally out of the public's hands. meanwhile we are bombarded with such delights as big brother , next top model , strictly bollox , and dance moms....and lets not forget sex lead me to the er dept............for **** sake...i swear we are , as a race , getting dumber by the decade...!!

I'm not sure that's true, it's just that dim, dumb, half & no wits now have ready access to publicity; and modern media are only too willing to pander to the lowest common denominator.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The protest was planned over a month ago. As I said, I believe its wrong to harass a mans family over his politics, but, for him to be surprised by the event, is a little disingenuous.

Depends what exactly was planned. Did the protesters know for a fact that Farage would be having lunch at that particular pub on that particular day or was it a case of following him from his home then descending on the pub en masse. I don't like the guy and his politics but the behaviour of the protesters, from what I saw on the news clips, is despicable and there should be no place for that in our society.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Depends what exactly was planned. Did the protesters know for a fact that Farage would be having lunch at that particular pub on that particular day or was it a case of following him from his home then descending on the pub en masse. I don't like the guy and his politics but the behaviour of the protesters, from what I saw on the news clips, is despicable and there should be no place for that in our society.

Ive no idea. It was planned by some group called Beyond UKIP Cabaret.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Protest at a UKIP rally, outside of his office, outside of his party's offices around the country, even protest outside ours and the European parliaments, but to harass the man and his family, on a weekend, in a public place where there are children (and I'm not just referring to his own family, but any other children who could have been having a meal there at the time) is grossly immoral and EVERY protester should have been arrested and charged with public order offences.

I would make the same statement regardless of the politician, party or political persuasion. We have established and acceptable forms of political protest (when many other countries do not) and if we allow forms of "protest" that are no more than a baying mob or worse still a lynch mob, then society as a whole will lose.

If you want to stop a politician securing votes then the process really is quite simple. Ask them a question... the current generation will almost always demonstrate that they are either incompetent or immoral or both.
The wider the audience that sees them, the more damage they will do to themselves!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The article has a quote from Dan Glass.

Is he not the NUS person at Sussex Uni that was trying to cause problems for the Albion during the Falmer planning process / build?

If you follow the Twitter link, his Facebook page shows that he 'organised' the UKIP protest.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Having said that, nobodies families should be harassed.

Im quite enjoying the NSC UKIP supporters club rally in the face of another...single ukip incident.

I'm sorry, but I genuinely have no idea who you are? So what is it that you are supposed to know about me?

Demonstrators first went to the George & Dragon, believing it to be Mr Farage's local, before they found him.

They said they chased the family out of the pub and jumped on the politician's car bonnet as he drove away.

So they knew where he was, but they went to the wrong pub first? And then it was a much quieter affair than claimed, however both Farage and the protestors claim they did get chased out of the pub, and they did vandalise his car?

This should be considered a crime. There's been repeated attempts to prevent democracy occurring through the harassment and intimidation.of a political candidate and his family. It's mafia-esque, and their goal is clearly to hound him out of politics.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm sorry, but I genuinely have no idea who you are? So what is it that you are supposed to know about me?

Demonstrators first went to the George & Dragon, believing it to be Mr Farage's local, before they found him.

They said they chased the family out of the pub and jumped on the politician's car bonnet as he drove away.

So they knew where he was, but they went to the wrong pub first? And then it was a much quieter affair than claimed, however both Farage and the protestors claim they did get chased out of the pub, and they did vandalise his car?

This should be considered a crime. There's been repeated attempts to prevent democracy occurring through the harassment and intimidation.of a political candidate and his family. It's mafia-esque, and their goal is clearly to hound him out of politics.

I dont agree with the protestestors actions. As ive said. However, I also wonder whether everything we have heard is accurate. Im sure both sides have their versions of events.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im quite enjoying the fact that this isolated, single incident regarding a UKIP MEPs fraudulent activity ....obviously, a single incident. They are always single incidents, as far as UKIP and its supporters are concerned. Has generated such a hissy fit from the NSC UKIP club :-D I hope there is a UKIP incident every week...obviously, not outside the realms of possibility... Soulman will need a new laptop by the elections

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here