Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we didn't pick up another point this season...

If we didn't pick up another point this season, would we be safe?

• Yes we would

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • No we wouldn't

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

North Stand Polls

Feb 25, 2015
...would we be safe?

Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 21.13.09.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably not.

That would mean Wigan would have beaten us, so would need to get 8 further points from their other 6 matches, including games against Fulham and Millwall.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Would we be safe if we picked up no more points? No, of course not.
Being relegated is another matter.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally think we are over the line as the goal difference is just too big, it requires those below to start winning by 4 or 5 goals which simply will not happen given their current form.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So not picking up a point means Wigan beat us. I'd predict they'll get 4 points from their games with Fulham and Milwall, which gives 7. They'd then need another 4 points from matches against Derby, Midds, Wolves and Brentford - all chasing promotion. Can't see it myself.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The best thing about our current position is the -3 GD. This may save us in the final reconing.

If GD does save us from the bottom 3, then we will have to have had an absolute shit fest of a final 7 games - far worse than any run we went on under SH.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Hughton/Jones/Calderwood keep up their current post Hyypia points per game average then we should* finish on 56 points with 10/11 points from our remaining 7 games.

*ha ha ha ha

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces after we've beaten Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich and Middlesbrough.

Granted I might be waiting a few years before this happens but it'll be worth it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We did, even under Hyypia go to Watford and Norwich and come back unbeaten and were unlucky to lose at the Goldsands. As for beating the top 6 at home, ask Ipswich and Derby what it was like. :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stupid question

Quite.

Much more interesting one is whether and how we stop a talented Norwich team, backed by 3k fans, pushing on for automatic promotion. They will come for 3 points and we will need to be at our best to stop them. I am sure CH has a plan. I would stick with Halford and our solid midfield trio of Ince, Kayal, Stephens. Calde and Texeira to support COG.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here