Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Boiler Installation Recommendations in Worthing

Jul 7, 2003
My old boiler is on its last legs (not Mrs DCH but the machine that heats the house and the water) and it is time to get it replaced.

I'm getting a few quotes but thought it worth consulting the great and the good of NSC to see if there were any recommendations for good installers or people to be avoided.

Thanks in advance

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
My boiler broke down last summer and I was recommended a guy called Kevin Caffyn (company is called KJ Caffyn). He is based in Shoreham. The service was excellent and at a fair price. I recommend him highly. You can get his office number by typing KJ Caffyn into google. Good luck.

P.s Even though replacing a boiler is not cheep, I have too say that my bills have come down with a new modern boiler and the house has been much warmer this winter.

Jul 7, 2003
I've just replaced my boiler through British Gas. The engineer was punctual, polite and very professional. An excellent job.

How did the price compare? Everything I have read says that British Gas are very expensive compared to local companies?

theboybilly

How did the price compare? Everything I have read says that British Gas are very expensive compared to local companies?

I'm paying on a monthly plan (off the top of my head £90 a month for three years) but I get an annual boiler service included and some other stuff was done (radiators etc) as at my age I wanted my heating sorted ready for my pension years. I don't necessarily think local boiler fitters are the way to go as I had my previous one fitted and have since found that they cut corners. At least in British Gas you have a wealth of expertise and confidence in the job being done correctly. I'd rather pay the extra for that peace of mind.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm paying on a monthly plan (off the top of my head £90 a month for three years) but I get an annual boiler service included and some other stuff was done (radiators etc) as at my age I wanted my heating sorted ready for my pension years. I don't necessarily think local boiler fitters are the way to go as I had my previous one fitted and have since found that they cut corners. At least in British Gas you have a wealth of expertise and confidence in the job being done correctly. I'd rather pay the extra for that peace of mind.

You can also receive the same service from certified gas safe engineers at I would say half the price. Just because you have paid more doesn't guarantee the quality.
Think you may be doing some good plumbers out the a disservice.

theboybilly

I take your point Mr Bridger, but all those years ago I was told by various folk that I could get a boiler replaced for £6-700 when in reality three times that was the true going rate. I did a bit of ringing around and got what I thought was a decent deal but have subsequently found that the work done was not up to standard. I've now decided that for what will probably be my last dealing of this kind I would go to the big boys in this industry. Peace of mind is priceless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OP - where approx. do you live?

I can highly recommend a home heating engineer we use, who covers the area from c. Shoreham to Hastings. Reasonable rates, he's no longer VAT registered giving an inherent 1/6 saving to customers compared to most competitors, he's fine with customers ordering their own own boiler online if they want for a further saving (after his advice on which suitable boiler), and his work is first class.

He's an Albion s/t holder too.

PM me if you want his contact details.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
OP - where approx. do you live?

I can highly recommend a home heating engineer we use, who covers the area from c. Shoreham to Hastings. Reasonable rates, he's no longer VAT registered giving an inherent 1/6 saving to customers compared to most competitors, he's fine with customers ordering their own own boiler online if they want for a further saving (after his advice on which suitable boiler), and his work is first class.

He's an Albion s/t holder too.

PM me if you want his contact details.
Could you PM me the details please. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here