Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could This Possibly Happen?

el punal

With Leicester looking doomed and almost relegated from the Premier League, do you think the Albion could put in a bid to get Leo back in the blue and white stripes for next season? After all he's a proven goal scorer with us and that's something, unfortunately, you can't say that about the conveyor belt of strikers that have rocked up at the Amex in recent seasons.

Yes, I know it's a pipe dream but at least we can get to sing our favourite Albion song. Altogether now - " Who's that man from Argentina . . . ".

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With Leicester looking doomed and almost relegated from the Premier League, do you think the Albion could put in a bid to get Leo back in the blue and white stripes for next season? After all he's a proven goal scorer with us and that's something, unfortunately, you can't say that about the conveyor belt of strikers that have rocked up at the Amex in recent seasons.

Yes, I know it's a pipe dream but at least we can get to sing our favourite Albion song. Altogether now - " Who's that man from Argentina . . . ".

We won't have the budget to match his wage, let alone the purchase price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We won't have the budget to match his wage, let alone the purchase price.

More than likely his wages will be cut by around 40% if Leicester are relegated. We could possibly match that but you are right, the purchase price might be the issue.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

The statement under your name is very apt given that statement. Do we have anything better than Leo? No. He's never been replaced, and he is well above the standard we could possibly hope to achieve otherwise. It's well documented that he loved being here, if we could get the price right then we couldn't possibly say no. However, if Leicester come down, would they get rid of a dangerous goalscorer to someone who could potentially be their rival? Doubt it somehow.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The statement under your name is very apt given that statement. Do we have anything better than Leo? No. He's never been replaced, and he is well above the standard we could possibly hope to achieve otherwise. It's well documented that he loved being here, if we could get the price right then we couldn't possibly say no. However, if Leicester come down, would they get rid of a dangerous goalscorer to someone who could potentially be their rival? Doubt it somehow.
I knew someone would have a breakdown after I posted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As we were told we didn't need to sell him we should have invested more of the 8 million we got for him on his replacement. I think TBs hand will be forced to invest in a top Championship striker next season or borrow a not quite ready Premier League striker.

Leo may be better than what we have but I'd like to see new faces next season. I don"t want Bridcutt or Buckley back either, however I would love us to get Ashley Barnes back.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I knew someone would have a breakdown after I posted.

Cheer's for that. As someone who has dealt with two nervous breakdowns in 5 years, being told I'm having another is always quite useful to know. How long have you been a mental health professional for?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

like it to happen but ....................NO

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Cheer's for that. As someone who has dealt with two nervous breakdowns in 5 years, being told I'm having another is always quite useful to know. How long have you been a mental health professional for?
Dont be so dramatic its only an opinion, world would be a boring place if we all thought the same thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
took us 5 years to find a good front man going to be a long time before we see another 1 ?

Disagree.

We had the highly effective Murray-Barnes combo. Made no real effort to retain Murray.

Then, immediately after, we had the highly effective Ulloa-Barnes combo. Made no real effort to retain either.

A bit pitiful really, and a real statement of intent of lack of ambition within the club.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
More than likely his wages will be cut by around 40% if Leicester are relegated. We could possibly match that but you are right, the purchase price might be the issue.

Paul Barber said that players refuse to sign contract that have relegation clauses in them, so his wages probably won't be cut. That's why parachute payments were brought in.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Disagree.

We had the highly effective Murray-Barnes combo. Made no real effort to retain Murray.

Then, immediately after, we had the highly effective Ulloa-Barnes combo. Made no real effort to retain either.

A bit pitiful really, and a real statement of intent of lack of ambition within the club.
prob agree with that but guess going to be along time before we find that combo again???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here