Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I underestimated CH?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Whilst we have certainly improved since CH has taken over it hasn't felt to me as if we have been pulling up trees but......

Only 1 team has lost less matches than us in the last 10 (Norwich)
In a table of the last 10 matches we would be joint 7th (with B'muff, M'bro, Ipswich and Cardiff.)

Is the division so topsy turvy this season that 7th feels like under performing or is it just the stress of having spent so long looking at what's below us rather than looking up? Or maybe I am becoming an unrealistic fan?

Well done Chris, I am now looking forward to next season even more. :bhasign:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
We're not pulling up trees, but given what CH has had to work with and the state of the season when he took over, I'm excited to see what he does with a full summer transfer window and pre season. If wheel loose before he got here, he's obviously bought his socket set with him

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We're not pulling up trees, but given what CH has had to work with and the state of the season when he took over, I'm excited to see what he does with a full summer transfer window and pre season. If wheel loose before he got here, he's obviously bought his socket set with him

My sentiments as well.
I am hoping to go to the last couple of home games with no worries of relegation and just enjoy, whatever the result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure in a few months time they'll be plenty trying to hound him out of the club.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
His tactics are pretty solid. Yesterday he had the team playing as a unit, closing down the Blackburn midfield quickly and stopping the supply to Rhodes and Gestade when he came on. When Gestade came on it seemed to give Blackburn a huge lift and we did well to cope. However, what was clear to see was that Ince had been told to track Gestade where ever he went and this also helped to reduce his threat.
CH is tactically astute and a good defensive manager. I think our attacking threat needs working on but in CH's defence, we need better players up front to help him.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
His tactics are pretty solid. Yesterday he had the team playing as a unit, closing down the Blackburn midfield quickly and stopping the supply to Rhodes and Gestade when he came on. When Gestade came on it seemed to give Blackburn a huge lift and we did well to cope. However, what was clear to see was that Ince had been told to track Gestade where ever he went and this also helped to reduce his threat.
CH is tactically astute and a good defensive manager. I think our attacking threat needs working on but in CH's defence, we need better players up front to help him.

Well summed up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do you feel the need to do this?
Fair enough.

I guess it's a Pavlovian reaction to Albion positivity on NSC.

I was trying to be a better poster, but the Stockdale thread was far to tempting, so I guess it carried on from there.

I will endeavour to limit my desire to state the bleeding obvious.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is easy to underestimate what he has achieved so far as the football has not been scintillating. The test will come next season when we carry on in the same vein - results, but perhaps not very exciting. Will that be enough for the fans? Hope so.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Re defensive manager..Calderwoods input as well?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Whilst this season has been a huge disappointment, I have this strange gut feeling next season won't be a play off push, it will be automatic promotion:clap:
Laugh now in vituperation all ye doubting Thomases, for thou shalt be laughing with exalted joy next May

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Whilst we have certainly improved since CH has taken over it hasn't felt to me as if we have been pulling up trees but......

Only 1 team has lost less matches than us in the last 10 (Norwich)
In a table of the last 10 matches we would be joint 7th (with B'muff, M'bro, Ipswich and Cardiff.)

Is the division so topsy turvy this season that 7th feels like under performing or is it just the stress of having spent so long looking at what's below us rather than looking up? Or maybe I am becoming an unrealistic fan?

Well done Chris, I am now looking forward to next season even more. :bhasign:

Roll on the summer as i want to see CH be given an opportunity to make widespread changes to the squad and allowed to bring in PROVEN championship players NOT Lge1 or foreign players that we have never heard of!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It is easy to underestimate what he has achieved so far as the football has not been scintillating. The test will come next season when we carry on in the same vein - results, but perhaps not very exciting. Will that be enough for the fans? Hope so.

It'll be enough for this fan, definitely. If he can get us into a position where promotion is a realistic outcome then I don't care how he does it. He can grind out as many 1-0 wins as he likes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doubt it.

He's a decent man, and a decent manager.
I wish I had your confidence.

Being a decent person with a decent record doesn't usually stop the abuse from flying, irrespective of how good things have been.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Roll on the summer as i want to see CH be given an opportunity to make widespread changes to the squad and allowed to bring in PROVEN championship players NOT Lge1 or foreign players that we have never heard of!

I think if you're looking for widespread changes your going to be disappointed.

An astute manager with a settled side and a new player or 2 who can put the ball in the net will change things around. Like Bournemouth and Brentford have achieved with lots of League 1 players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here