Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble after the game yesterday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There were a group of Blackburn 'yoofs' who were hanging round after the game, and shouting at our lot as we left the ground. They started trying to be aggressive, jumping in front of Albion fans waving arms and chanting, even though they were getting tutted at by some of the older locals, and trying on some homophobic nonsense at anyone who coming out of the away end.

A few started singing 'we can see you holding hands' in an attempt to get a reaction and a confrontation, which was mainly ignored by our lot and the stewards, apart from one steward who said to them 'those two are holding holds' pointing to me and Mrs EP, and laughing at them. The 'top boys' ringleader then appeared totally confused by this display of uncensored heterosexual affection and pulled his white socks up over his tracksuit bottoms, followed by his henchmen, some of whom looked as if puberty hadn't quite reached them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There were a group of Blackburn 'yoofs' who were hanging round after the game, and shouting at our lot as we left the ground. They started trying to be aggressive, jumping in front of Albion fans waving arms and chanting, even though they were getting tutted at by some of the older locals, and trying on some homophobic nonsense at anyone who coming out of the away end.

A few started singing 'we can see you holding hands' in an attempt to get a reaction and a confrontation, which was mainly ignored by our lot and the stewards, apart from one steward who said to them 'those two are holding holds' pointing to me and Mrs EP, and laughing at them. The 'top boys' ringleader then appeared totally confused by this display of uncensored heterosexual affection and pulled his white socks up over his tracksuit bottoms, followed by his henchmen, some of whom looked as if puberty hadn't quite reached them.

:lolol:

That explains the FB post I saw last night.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last time I was in Blackburn for a game (May 1990) we ended up drinking accidentally with a much older "firm", a gang of Lancashire Pomposes if you will. Once they worked out we were simply helpless alcoholics who were more interested in getting some chips with curry sauce they joined us on a pub crawl and we exchanged beers in the boozers and handshakes at the ground. One of the more bizarre days following the Albion. To this day I can't remember the score.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last time I was in Blackburn for a game (May 1990) we ended up drinking accidentally with a much older "firm", a gang of Lancashire Pomposes if you will. Once they worked out we were simply helpless alcoholics who were more interested in getting some chips with curry sauce they joined us on a pub crawl and we exchanged beers in the boozers and handshakes at the ground. One of the more bizarre days following the Albion. To this day I can't remember the score.

Impressed you remember the month and year. :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

1-1, you didn't miss much!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Remember a trip on the Seagull Special, possibly 77/78. We were frogmarched from ground back to station by the police and one local herbert on the other side of the road was ranting on and on and on, until his progress was halted by a lamp post he had failed to see. Marvellous stuff.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My worst recollection of Blackburn was going to watch a Premier League match against Villa about 20 years ago. At the time Villa had Dwight Yorke, Ugo Ehiogu, Paul McGrath, Ian Taylor, Gary Charles and Savo Milosevic in the team.

A bunch of Blackburn finest neanderthals were apoplectic about so many black players being picked for the opposition (and remember this was when Blackburn were under Jack Walker, who famously told Kenny Dalglish 'There's no black in Blackburn' when KD tried to sign Trevor Sinclair) "N*gger, to N*gger, to N*gger, to N*gger to Commie", as Villa passed the ball around, and they spent the next five minutes with tears running down their faces at the hilarity and originality of their comments.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Blackpool yoof top left having it with Leeds yesterday :ohmy:

image.jpg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Trouble everywhere!

Southend and Cambridge fans fight broken up with CS spray

Three men were arrested following the clash outside the Railway pub, said to have involved about 15 people, and one man suffered serious head injuries.

Essex Police arrested two men on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and one for criminal damage.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Fighting/scuffles at Blackpool today

Postby 1964white on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 pm
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/764435879?-11130:816

100's of Leeds fans in the home end

Around the 75th minute i noticed one fan run down to the concourse chased by four coppers.....Apparently four or five Blackpool fans picked a fight with a father & his son & all hell broke loose, within minutes pockets of Leeds fans started showing themselves singing 'All Leeds are we', some Leeds fans made there way to the exits quietly leaving the ground, others tried to reason with the police as they waded in picking out the Leeds fans. In the end it got really aggressive as fans & police tussled with each other. Unsure whether he was a Blackpool or Leeds fan but one big bald headed bloke was thrown down the steps by two policemen onto the concrete floor with the police landing on him. Whether it was the same fan but minutes later one man was stretchered away by the St John's Ambulance workers. As fans from both clubs were being ejected out of the ground there was a surge of 100's of Leeds fans who tried to break the police lines from the away end, police helmets were flying all over the place & it got quite nasty for five minutes or so.

Imo Blackpool FC created this situation themselves by cutting our allocation to a bare minimum, had they given the Leeds fans the same allocation as Wigan did 100's of Leeds fans wouldn't have ventured into the home ends therefore the police & stewards could have contained all the LUFC fans in one area & i doubt there would have been the same problems.
Yes i know some Leeds fans don't know how to behave themselves & had those fans remained quiet in the home end maybe the violence would not occurred !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here