Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O2 Arena Parking

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Driving up to rearranged The Who gig tonight and rather than pay £30 event parking we're planning on going for the free O2 cinema parking, buying one cinema ticket (or finding a used cinema ticket on the ground) and getting our parking ticket endorsed that way. Has anyone pulled this outrageous and highly ethical scam before with any degree of success?... Or are there cheaper parking options near the O2?

Thanks in advance.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As above we always park in the Underground Station carpark which is considerably less and generally easy to get away from.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is it really as much as £30 in the official car park? That is outrageous.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Number Two car park is supposedly only for "Non event goers". Parking for 4 to 6 hours (enough for a gig) is just £9 - Or it was. I’ve no idea how they tell you’re going to a gig, rather than a restaurant or cinema. Many going to gigs park at number two car park or the station. I've never heard of anyone having issues although I would advise getting there early. As mentioned DO NOT enter Car Park one unless you want to stump up 30 quid. Makes the Uni on matchday a bargain.

People with a ticket for Cineworld at the O2 get free parking for up to four hours in Car Park 2. Although the O2 Cineworld is quite expensive, if you thought you were going to be in and out of the car park inside four hours, I see no reason why you could not do that? You just need to get it validated to get out of the car park.

Being the cash cow the 02 is, I'm surprised they haven't cottoned on to all the above.

Another option is to park around the eastern end of Blackheath Common where there will be plenty off street parking. The 108 bus goes to North Greenwich from The Royal Standard Pub. Just a short ride and easy run down the A20/A2 to the M25 afterwards.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Found this thread on first page of google searching for parking at the o2! Going tomorrow evening about 5-9 probably - Does anyone know if North Greenwich station is still best / cheapest? Don’t want to get a tube or bus just a drive and official parking is sold out... pls help a brother out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here