Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn player ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 7.5. Three excellent saves, strong on crosses, just about MoM for me.

Bruno 7: Calm when we flapped at the back, some flair moments and one excellent interception with his head when Rhodes looked to be through one on one.
Greer 5: Kept launching long high balls to no one in particular. Kept busy by Rhodes and Co and just about kept it clean at the back
Halford 6: Used height well against a big Rovers team, agricultural at times but nothing wrong with a bit of Row Z when three points required.
Bennett 6; Subdued going forwards by his standards, kept busy all match and kept going all 90 mins

Kayal 7: Very busy, always looking for the ball and didn't waste it when he had it.
Stephens 6: We look more solid with him in the team. Could be a good partnership with Kayal next season,
Ince 6.5 Tidied up well in front of the back four, still needs to do more once he has the ball. Took on Gestede with enthusiasm when he came on.
Ledesma 4: Textbook South American cameo. Pouting, feigning death, running 30 yards to chop down an opponent, couple of flicks and lots of hands on hips.

O'Grady 7: Superb hold up play, won a lot in the air, on the chest and to feet. Took on the Rovers defence and was a real handful, but only one shot and spent too much time outside the box.
Tex 7: Threatening in parts, Rovers always doubled up when he had the ball. Decision making a bit hit and miss.

Subs

Calderon 5: Didn't make much impact but it's great to see him in the opposition box. Sadly for my wife he didn't take his shirt off at the end of the match.
JFC 5: not on for long, seems to have filled out a bit recently.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Stockdale: 7.5 - Brilliant performance from stocko with one save in particular that was top class. A few other good saves, along with dealing with crosses well and kicking superbly (on a poor pitch) added to a very good performance in goal
Bruno: 7 - Good to see him back to his confident, 'Mr Cool' self. Showed some nice touches and defended really well. Did his best to support Ledesma when going forward and looked comfortable either under or over lapping
Greer: 7 - One of Mr Greer's better performances this season. Marshalled Rhodes & Brown really well and restricted Gestede to very few opporunities. A couple of 'nothing' ball down the line rescued by O'Grady, but mostly good distrubition. Fantastic block after Stockdale's save onto the post.
Halford: 7 - Just as Greer. He looks very solid and i'd love to have him on a permanent basis. Dunky is going to have a fight on his hands to get back in the team!
Bennett: 7 - Quite similar to Bruno. Got forward well, defended well and linked up brilliantly with Teixeira. They seem to have a good understanding. A couple of testing crosses too.
Ince: 7.5 - Great performance sitting infront of the back 4. Went about his business pretty quietly but controlled which ever of the Blackburn strikers who attempted to drop deeper to get the ball. Brilliant to see him back in the team!
Kayal: 7.8 - What a player this guy is. Brilliant on & off the ball and holds the midfield well together superbly. Won fouls fantastically well in good places at good times. Put in a few great challenges too. 7.8 for him, good performance but not quite as.....->
Stephens: 8.5 - Fantastic performance from him. Really looked lively, linking the forward line to the midfield. Picked up the ball in some good area's and his range of passing and vision looked too much for Blackburn. Best player on the pitch for me, just shades O'Grady for MOTM.
Ledesma: 6 - The guy tried and he worked quite hard, he just isn't doing it for me. In fairness to him, the ref gave him absolutely nothing. Probably due to a bit of play acting, but the ref really did him no favours. Looking back on the highlights, he was more involved than i originally realised. Clever little pass to O'Grady for the goal.
Teixeira: 7 - I like this lad, but i'm not so sure what the big fuss about him yestersay was. He played well and found the ball in some good areas of the pitch and looked comfirtable with it. Too many times we went on the break and he slowed up the play. He should have pushed the ball forward and got his body between the defender and the ball. Still, a good performance for Texi!
O'Grady 8.5: A top class centre forward's display. Won every head, every challenge, held the ball up well, ran the channels, worked hard, defended well, got a couple of good shots off. Didn't get a lot of luck in front of goal. Did absolutely everything, except score. Good cross in for the OG. Good to hear the fans show a lot of appreciation for his efforts!

Subs
Calderon: 6.5 - Worked hard and helped out Bruno. Didn't do a huge amount going forward but tried to support the front line as much as possible. Decent performance.
JFC: N/A - Wasn't really on for long so didn't have much time to do anything.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Greer 7.5
Halford 7.5
Bennett 7
Ince 7.5
Kayal 7.5
Stephens 8
Ledesma 6
Teixeira 7
O'Grady 7

Calde 7
JFC n/a

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Stockdale 7.67 (96mins, 3 votes)

The Rest:
O'Grady 7.50 (96mins, 3 votes)
Stephens 7.50 (96mins, 3 votes)
Kayal 7.43 (96mins, 3 votes)
Ince 7.17 (96mins, 3 votes)
Bruno 7.00 (96mins, 3 votes)
<Teixeira 7.00 (90mins, 3 votes)
Halford 6.83 (96mins, 3 votes)
Bennett, J 6.67 (96mins, 3 votes)
Greer 6.50 (96mins, 3 votes)
>Calderon 6.17 (25mins, 3 votes)
<Ledesma 5.33 (71mins, 3 votes)
>Forster-Caskey 5.00 (6mins, 1 votes)

Squad average: 6.75

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Interesting..whoscored gave COG 6.8. Equal second worst with Stevens and Tex, only Ledesma was worse. Whoscored mark on passes completed ect not as we fans do on what we think they contributed to the game. Whilst I find whoscored interesting I think fans who went to the match more pertinent.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interesting..whoscored gave COG 6.8. Equal second worst with Stevens and Tex, only Ledesma was worse. Whoscored mark on passes completed ect not as we fans do on what we think they contributed to the game. Whilst I find whoscored interesting I think fans who went to the match more pertinent.

whoscored also don't take into account off the ball runs, whether a pass would have been a better option than a shot, whether an incomplete pass is the fault of either player or an opponent or the conditions, and so many other factors that give context to the stats they use to formulate ratings.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Whosocored does not do too bad. Pace is ignored and influence on the game is not measured. Subs tend to get marked down because they are not on the pitch long enough. Overall it matches goal difference rather than results. Most helpful when t the viewer is not quite sure who shot, especially with opponents.

Note the number of tackles that Kayal made = 7. Halford and Greer did not need to make a single tackle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here