Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Hi,

There seems to be a lot of NSC runners who have ran marathons. It's got me thinking as to:

1/ How many people have ran at least 1 marathon in a competitive event only. For clarification a marathon is 26.2 miles.

2/ How many ultras have you done. An ultra is a competitive event, where the distance is a minimum of 26.2 miles.

3/ What was your fastest marathon, time, how old were you when you did it?

Perhaps we can have a sub forum for marathon running+

I am not intending to have a forum, of look at me, how fantastic I/you are, but a thread to help all marathon+ runners, whether a first timer or a series runner. Also not looking to split advice/help/comments on the main running thread either. Hope you get my drift.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi,

There seems to be a lot of NSC runners who have ran marathons. It's got me thinking as to:

1/ How many people have ran at least 1 marathon in a competitive event only. For clarification a marathon is 26.2 miles.

2/ How many ultras have you done. An ultra is a competitive event, where the distance is a minimum of 26.2 miles.

3/ What was your fastest marathon, time, how old were you when you did it?

Perhaps we can have a sub forum for marathon running+

Give we don't have sub-forums for anything else of any note - that's not going to happen.

By all means have a marathon-runners thread, as we have the popular cycling and running threads, or use the social groups feature which, for some reason, just never gets used on NSC - http://www.northstandchat.com/group.php

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
2 marathons.

No ultras. Don't be ridiculous.

4hrs 57mins & very proud of it :)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
running the Brighton marathon for the first time this year, aiming for sub 4 hours.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We have an excellent Official Running thread, why suggest a sub-forum.

Running first and last Marathon in my beloved home town in three weeks at the age of 53.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
22 marathons, best is a 3.53 (London 2008, so I would have been 49), favourite is Three Forts(it's 27 miles, but I've counted it as 'just' a Marathon).
7 completed ultras, 3 x 30 miles, 2 x 50 miles 2 x 75 miles( saltmarsh 75 is a 2 stage event) . 11.05 at, South Downs Way 50 last year. I've tried to run SDW 100 three times, my furthest was 71 miles.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
3 London Marathon's to my name. Best time 4hrs 3 mins. Oust time 6hrs 28 mins! The difference a proper training programme. 33 when I ran my last.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I've ran 4 marathons,my last being in 2010 at Brighton and just managed to dip under 3hr 30min by 6 seconds lol.
Whist pushing for a quicker time in training I had a heart attack in 2011 so now just run shorter distances but huge respect for every single one of you running a marathon this Year. Best of luck! you Reep what you sow !

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
30-odd marathons and ultras, 3 this year so far after missing all last year injured. Got a place for Brighton this year but it's the week after SDW50 so may or may not be there. Only really aiming at SDW100 as desperate to get a 100 mile buckle, especially on the glorious South Downs. Mid pack plodder, PB 3.43. Get over to the official running thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here