Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we about to end the jinx?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
well you've jinxed it now! ;)

Anyway, does look like it and a stat that, despite not having that Premier League football many people want, we've still come a long long way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a false statistic given we spent 10 consecutive seasons in the top two divisions from 1977/8.

It's like saying we are undefeated against Manchester United in 22 years.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well it is good when you think we have spent the greater majority of our time in the old 3/4 divisions. Next season will be a stormer if CH is allowed to get his players in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well it is good when you think we have spent the greater majority of our time in the old 3/4 divisions. Next season will be a stormer if CH is allowed to get his players in

Absolutely - we're in the middle of the second most successful spell in the 114 years this football club has existed. It might continue to be THE most successful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely - we're in the middle of the second most successful spell in the 114 years this football club has existed. It might continue to be THE most successful.

Been hard to believe that for most of this season :lolol:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It's a false statistic given we spent 10 consecutive seasons in the top two divisions from 1977/8.

So when did we spend five consecutive seasons in either one of those divisions before being relegated?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So when did we spend five consecutive seasons in either one of those divisions before being relegated?

I'm not saying we have, I just think it's a meaningless statistic given we spent 10 consecutive years in the top two divisions. Against that, I'm not sure 5 years in the second top division means anything at all.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm not saying we have, I just think it's a meaningless statistic given we spent 10 consecutive years in the top two divisions. Against that, I'm not sure 5 years in the second top division means anything at all.

All I am saying is, it will be the first time we have managed it in our history

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Although only four seasons once we came down. If you take out 1977-1983, the only period we had players of First Division quality, our history shows it is an achievement.

Small consolation maybe, and we are still not there, but it is a nice stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here