Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion could go with two up front again - despite blank at Millwall [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
3623184.jpg

Albion drew a blank at Millwall, despite having some decent chances

First published in Albion by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter
Albion's blank sheet at Millwall has NOT sounded the death knell for playing with two strikers.
Manager Chris Hughton has revealed he will use the 4-4-2 system again.
Hughton changed course on Tuesday by pairing the recalled Leon Best with Craig Mackail-Smith.
It made no difference to Albion’s away goal drought as they failed to score for the fifth time in six matches in the 0-0 draw.
Hughton told The Argus: “In my time here so far I have tended to play one off, a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1, but formations are always about the abilities of players and how you use the system.
“Is it a system I would use again? Yes it is and I think if our performance as a whole had been better and our passing as a whole had been better it’s a formation we could have capitalised on a bit more than we did.”

On-loan Best is barred from facing parent club Blackburn today. Hughton could go with Mackail-Smith and Chris O’Grady at Ewood Park or have Joao Teixeira playing off of one of them.Hughton used O’Grady and Teixeira that way after substituting Best and Mackail-Smith deep into the second half at Millwall.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here