Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
gh-l229-2346550_478x359.jpg

Greg Halford
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:54 21st March 2015
by Sam Garrett
I don't take any opportunities lightly - I will try and grab it with both hands"
Greg Halford

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Greg Halford says he aims to take advantage of his return to the starting line-up and cement a place in the heart of the defence for the remaining eight games of the Championship campaign.
Halford, who joined the Seagulls on a one-month loan back in November from Nottingham Forest but he was re-signed until the end of the season by Chris Hughton, told seagulls.co.uk, "I'm not counting my chickens and I still have to perform in training and show the manager what I can do.
"I don't take any opportunities lightly - I will try and grab it with both hands and it helps having a clean sheet against Millwall so hopefully I've done enough to stay in the team for Saturday."
halford-020114-l229-2177885.jpg

The 30-year-old, who can operate at centre-half, full-back and up front, is out of contract with Forest in the summer and believes being given the chance to play more regularly will boost his options for next season.
"It’s a strange situation to be fair because Dougie Freedman’s first game was against us [Albion] and his contract is only until the end of the season, with a view to extending that, so it's all up in the air in terms of conversations with any clubs.
"Nothing has happened yet but I want to play games, be able to create those conversations and go forward.
“Whatever options I have in the summer, I can't look at any one of them lightly. I've enjoyed myself so much here it and it would definitely be a good option to have.
“It’s a great place to work. All the lads are great. All the staff and the people are great and I've really enjoyed it. I haven't played as much as I'd have liked to but hopefully I can keep my place and play the next eight games and go from there."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Looking ahead to the trip to Blackburn, Halford revealed his team mates will be doing everything to dampen Rovers' attacking fire power and reflected on the brighter side of the Millwall stalemate on Tuesday.
"I watched Blackburn against Liverpool the other day. They're a physical side and they have good energy in the team and can create chances.“If we can keep [Jordan] Rhodes and [Rudy] Gestede quiet then we will have a good chance of picking up all three points.
"Every game is an opportunity to pick up points and we haven’t been picking up enough points away from home.
“We haven’t been adapting to conditions as well as we should have been doing and our game management hasn't been good enough, but saying that, against Millwall you have to take away the positives.
"They went into the game with a new manager and are trying to impress him. We showed a bit of resilience that we haven't done in the past couple of weeks so it's pleasing with keeping a clean sheet, but we need to be scoring more goals at the same time."
halford-f229-2076175.jpg

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here