Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-090215-l229-2254800_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:37 21st March 2015
by Sam Garrett
The two players up front can’t score goals unless they’re getting good enough service."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton believes keeping Blackburn strike duo Jordan Rhodes and Rudy Gestede quiet could be the key to getting a result in Lancashire.
The pair have scored 32 goals between them this season (16 each) and Hughton feels his side need to prevent others from bringing the two forwards into the game.He told seagulls.co.uk, “The two players up front can’t score goals unless they’re getting good enough service.
“We’ve got to make sure that that service is not as good as what they would like and give ourselves the opportunity to be in the game.
“As a team in our games we’ve shown resilience and we’ve shown that we can defend quite well and this is the type of game that you’re going to need that.
“You’re also going to have to keep the ball because you’re going to have to be part of a good game to not allow them opportunities.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton has also warned that Albion must not be complacent against mid-table Rovers, particularly as Gary Bowyer’s men have an FA Cup quarter-final replay with Liverpool on the horizon.
“I don’t think there’s ever complacency – certainly not at this stage of the season because everybody’s fighting.“Irrespective of where you are and an irrespective of the fact that they’re middle of the table, they will still want to finish as high as possible.
“This game takes us into the international break and then they have a quarter-final replay to play and I presume that places are up for grabs.
“They’ve got a good squad so they will want to play as well as possible and I would think that everyone that plays will want to stake a claim to play in that big game.
“I don’t expect them to ease up but I expect it to be as tough game as any game at this stage.”
Meanwhile, after employing a 4-4-2 formation at Millwall for the first time since his arrival as manager, Hughton has not ruled out utilising a similar system in the future.
He added, “I didn’t feel that we got enough out of the formation - how much of that is down to the formation and how much of that is down to the performance, these are things that we analyse.
“I’m pleased that I played the formation and it’s a formation that I’ve played fairly regularly at times in the past, but it’s about making sure that you get a foothold in the game and you keep possession well enough.
“In periods of the game we didn’t keep possession well enough – our passing wasn’t good enough to be able to really capitalise on the system so I think it was more about our performance than the actual system.”
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here