Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday and The Six Nations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have the most difficult task as both Ireland an Wales should win comfortably and by a greater margin than we will beat France. We blew it not beating Scotland by more points.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have the most difficult task as both Ireland an Wales should win comfortably and by a greater margin than we will beat France. We blew it not beating Scotland by more points.

On the other hand 'we' play last and will know exactly what we need to win by (lets concentrate on winning first)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
because different times doesnt really affect the outcome, and they are rather more interested in having maximum coverage of the sport. i think its brilliant, not a big egg chasing fan but i do enjoy the 6 nations. only 1 of 3 could realistically win, because Italy doesnt have a hope of beating Wales.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
so Scotland, who raised their game against the English, have to beat Ireland despite only having the wooden spoon to fight for.

So if they rolled over England will lose out? 20 point loss coming up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England are currently favourites, although Wales are the interesting runner.

The Welsh are (-25) on England and (-21) on Ireland. So a 40 point win in Italy, not beyond them, would put a lot of pressure on ourselves and Ireland.

The outcome is difficult to call, but at 8/1 earlier in the week I couldn't resist a fiver on the Welsh. The probability outweighs the odds, although one of England and Ireland should emerge as winner.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Welsh have the hardest task, as they have a 25 point deficit to overcome before they go in to credit. Beyond that, they will not know how much is enough. The physicality of the Welsh will mean they finish the game as strong as they start. It's just a question of which Italy turns up.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
current try count for this 6 nations

11 England
6 Italy
5 Scotland
5 Wales
4 Ireland

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any one of four could win this,so how on 'planet earth' do we have different 'game times' ? :facepalm:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31977666

Because TV companies pay a lot of money to broadcast 15 games in total, not 13 as would be the case with KOs at the same time. And the money made from the 6 nations is vital to support rugby at all levels in the various competing nations.

Each match is a test match in its own right anyway. England will care just as much, if not more, about beating France than they will about the final standings in the table.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
England will care just as much, if not more, about beating France than they will about the final standings in the table.

agree with this 100 per cent

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's just a question of which Italy turns up.

The previous week to the France game, Italy won their first away game in the 6 nations and celebrated on the pitch.

I imagine that celebration may have lasted all week because they played against France like they'd been on the lash all week.

I think we'll see a different Italy today and Wales will struggle to rack up the points unless they get some early tries.

I can see Scotland having one of their "fighting for pride" games and causing problems for Ireland which leaves England who I think will win comfortably against a poor France side at home. I suppose there's that chance that France will produce one of their one-off brilliant games but I don't think this France side are capable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here