Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How clean is your kebab shop? or KFC, etc..

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
:eek:I got a takeaway from CodFather Islingword Road on Wednesday night. Only 2 /5 wont be eating there again.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Awwww what!! Sing Li chip shop has gone up to 2.

How disappointing!

I bet it's rubbish now!?!

Badge of honour for that place having a zero rating, I too will be boycotting until it drops to a 1 at the very least. Sad indictment of today's health and safety gone mad culture that Sing Li are penalised for keeping chips in a freezer in the back garden. Next they'll be demanding the deep fried rat option is dropped from the menu. #bad times

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Badge of honour for that place having a zero rating, I too will be boycotting until it drops to a 1 at the very least. Sad indictment of today's health and safety gone mad culture that Sing Li are penalised for keeping chips in a freezer in the back garden. Next they'll be demanding the deep fried rat option is dropped from the menu. #bad times

It was for them. They were very proud of the fact they had a zero rating and displayed the sticker in their front window. Always used to still have a queue out of the door on a Saturday after games.

People need to man up and grow a set!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Tend to agree with that - however I just noticed Battle of Trafalgar only gat 3 stars.

I guess it's a pub not a restaurant....

My local got marked down because they didn't have a separate sink in the kitchen to wash vegetables! It was at that point I decided the whole system was a load of old bollocks and therefore shouldn't be trusted.

Eat somewhere, if it tastes good and doesn't kill you then go back and eat there again!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I have had many a takeaway from a particular zero rated establishment. Always tasted good, hence repeat visits, and still here to prove it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pizza King, Kings Road, Brighton. Somehow managed a 1 star. But the foreign workers don't care as they deal mostly with the 4am drunk crowd who will blame all food poisoning on the alcohol of the night before.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Awwww what!! Sing Li chip shop has gone up to 2.

How disappointing!

I bet it's rubbish now!?!

I shall find out later, although I can't se as you could catch much from chips that have been cooked in 1000 degree fat and a picked onion cos vinegar's essentially the same as bleach isn't it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My local got marked down because they didn't have a separate sink in the kitchen to wash vegetables! It was at that point I decided the whole system was a load of old bollocks and therefore shouldn't be trusted.

Eat somewhere, if it tastes good and doesn't kill you then go back and eat there again!

Yeah that would be the reason :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pizza King, Kings Road, Brighton. Somehow managed a 1 star. But the foreign workers don't care as they deal mostly with the 4am drunk crowd who will blame all food poisoning on the alcohol of the night before.

IMHO most independent kebab shops take great pride in their establishments and are to be recommended for even staying open to accommodate the 4am trash. Most British-owned chippies round these parts shut up shop by 9pm to avoid the homegrown drunks.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
What about the kebab shop in Midhurst prosecuted for raw sewage found on the premises about 1 year ago? Now, I'm partial to the occasional " gout bandage " but even I draw the line at that. Mainly 'cos of the proprietors name.....Mustafa Dogdu...you couldn't make it up could you? Reported by the Argus ( Arsegas? ) by the way. Fantastic!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I used to work at in residential care, and as we served food, we were inspected under this scheme. A large portion of it is paperwork, the actual hygiene is onl a part of it. You could have great practices, but lose a couple of stars because you don't complete the daily or weekly diaries properly.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It was for them. They were very proud of the fact they had a zero rating and displayed the sticker in their front window. Always used to still have a queue out of the door on a Saturday after games.

People need to man up and grow a set!

Glad I'm not the only person genuinely upset to see Sing Li now has a 2 star rating. I want to visit now to see what changes have been made.

Can you still buy individual chicken nuggets for 20p a pop?
Can you still try and stomach a battered beef burger for less than a £1.
Do the chairs still look like they came out of a skip and have seen 20 years in an office first?
Are the Salt/Vinegar bottles still Panda Pop bottles with holes stabbed in the lid?
Does his kid still sit in the back of the kitchen watching TV?

I NEED ANSWERS.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I used to work at in residential care, and as we served food, we were inspected under this scheme. A large portion of it is paperwork, the actual hygiene is onl a part of it. You could have great practices, but lose a couple of stars because you don't complete the daily or weekly diaries properly.

Important point, my other half was once marked down for this even though the food hygiene was fine. All sorted, then wham ! top billing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here