Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Transcendental Beauty Of The Cosmos

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, a bit underwhelming. I was in Munich in 1999 which was in the 'Band of Totality' and the weather was perfect so it was pretty good.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm at work in south London, the sky through the window is a dull and rather dark one, but what's to remember here is the incredibly dunce-ish commentary from various colleagues who seem mystified, confused and suddenly terrified of all that this brief spell of crepuscularity might bring to us. No, the internet will not close down during this near-dark period and no, a twisted reality will not be formed by naked satanic people. Here it seemed dim outside and within.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Underwhelming but this is it from Cornwall.

image.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The clouds parted for six seconds in Shoreham. 9:21:20.

Just like a goal!

Eclipse_3452ltrbx.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Another view from Cornwall. As Nibble said, a bit underwhelming...

Attachments

• EOS70D-20150320-8712.jpg
    EOS70D-20150320-8712.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 300

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagulls have started clacking again.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm at work in south London, the sky through the window is a dull and rather dark one, but what's to remember here is the incredibly dunce-ish commentary from various colleagues who seem mystified, confused and suddenly terrified of all that this brief spell of crepuscularity might bring to us. No, the internet will not close down during this near-dark period and no, a twisted reality will not be formed by naked satanic people. Here it seemed dim outside and within.

What a fantastic word - crepuscularity.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was in England for one of those once, it was pretty eerie working outside everything went a funny shade of skin colour.
Underwhelming some say, ok , lets see you do something to better it.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I was in England for one of those once, it was pretty eerie working outside everything went a funny shade of skin colour.
Underwhelming some say, ok , lets see you do something to better it.

I can assure you it was no more dramatic than a cloudy day before a heavy shower. If the sun had been out it would have been better.

And no, whilst I personally can't do better I do remember coming back after the eclipse in 1999 and seeing a fantastic valley-spanning rainbow set against black sky as I was coming over the Ouse viaduct on the train. Obviously rainbows, even good ones, are extremely common, but I looked at it with new eyes; I thought if they were as rare as solar eclipses then we'd all go barmy over seeing this huge multi-coloured arch suddenly appear in the sky.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The clouds are chemtrailes, they will form before the eclipse, and depart after the eclipse.
This is because the planet nibiru is next to the sun, and with an eclipse, the sun is dim enough to se this aproching problem and the world governments don't want us to se it.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The clouds are chemtrailes, they will form before the eclipse, and depart after the eclipse.
This is because the planet nibiru is next to the sun, and with an eclipse, the sun is dim enough to se this aproching problem and the world governments don't want us to se it.
Actually you were right, they did! :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here