Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most bizarre reason for getting the sack

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I have just heard the most bizarre thing. One of my colleagues has just been sacked. Apparently the person he was delivering to wasn't home, he then decided to do a Number 2 on their driveway. A bit OTT !! Trouble was, he was being recorded by the neighbours !! I can just imagine his next job interview, " So Dean, why did you leave your last job ?" !!

Anyone else have any stranger reasons for getting the boot ?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have just heard the most bizarre thing. One of my colleagues has just been sacked. Apparently the person he was delivering to wasn't home, he then decided to do a Number 2 on their driveway. A bit OTT !! Trouble was, he was being recorded by the neighbours !! I can just imagine his next job interview, " So Dean, why did you leave your last job ?" !!

Anyone else have any stranger reasons for getting the boot ?

This chap didn't used to work as a coach driver in the Croydon area did he?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly not a postman, that alone wouldn't result in dismissal. Honest.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Clearly not a postman, that alone wouldn't result in dismissal. Honest.

You're kin kidding me, shirley?

I got the sack as a 20-something for "....working too hard, you're upsetting your colleagues who feel that you're putting them to shame. I need to keep them happy, so I'm going to have to let you go". I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. The company went bust about 18 months later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're kin kidding me, shirley?
There's not a great deal I can say, compared to an actual conversation, and that conversation would make you're teeth itch!!
But basically if you're not stealing they'll struggle to sack you.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's not a great deal I can say, compared to an actual conversation, and that conversation would make you're teeth itch!!
But basically if you're not stealing they'll struggle to sack you.

That's too depressing for words.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Member of staff drew the name of his manager in the Secret Santa thing, got a coffee mug made up with the manager's photo and 'I am a c**t' written beneath it (without any stars). As is traditional, all presents were opened in front of the whole team.

Not my team I hasten to add but I was involved in the disciplinary process. The factual accuracy of the wording was unfortunately not relevant to the case.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Member of staff drew the name of his manager in the Secret Santa thing, got a coffee mug made up with the manager's photo and 'I am a c**t' written beneath it (without any stars). As is traditional, all presents were opened in front of the whole team.

Not my team I hasten to add but I was involved in the disciplinary process. The factual accuracy of the wording was unfortunately not relevant to the case.

The fact that the employee got the sack kinda proves that the sentiment was correct; it wouldn't have resulted in a disciplinary if the manager hadn't complained, I'm guessing. There are times when the best course of action is to be self-reflective - this was probably one of those times, embarrassing though it undoubtedly was.

EDIT: though the employee was either a bit dim to think it wouldn't have any consequences, or did think about it and really didn't care...?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The fact that the employee got the sack kinda proves that the sentiment was correct; it wouldn't have resulted in a disciplinary if the manager hadn't complained, I'm guessing. There are times when the best course of action is to be self-reflective - this was probably one of those times, embarrassing though it undoubtedly was.

EDIT: though the employee was either a bit dim to think it wouldn't have any consequences, or did think about it and really didn't care...?

The latter mostly, and being goaded into it by others......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here