Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC retains England U-21 place...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...for upcoming friendlies against the Czech Republic (Away 27/3) and Germany (home @ Middlesbrough 30/3).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's funny with JFC. It's either a case of fans not seeing just how good he is, or numerous highly qualified management teams from the championship and England setups who don't see how shit he is..

I wonder who is right?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
It's funny with JFC. It's either a case of fans not seeing just how good he is, or numerous highly qualified management teams from the championship and England setups who don't see how shit he is..

I wonder who is right?

Or worse, he's just the best we got coming through the english ranks

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good lad and well deserved. His performances for the U21s have generally been pretty good.
And no where near as bad as people make out for us.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From what I have seen he has looked a better player in an England shirt than a Brighton one. Playing for us he seems to not entirely know what his role is. For England he gets higher up the pitch to support the strikers and has much more impact in the game.

I assume the system we are currently playing does not allow him to show what he can do or playing alongside better players means he has more confidence in those around him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
From what I have seen he has looked a better player in an England shirt than a Brighton one. Playing for us he seems to not entirely know what his role is. For England he gets higher up the pitch to support the strikers and has much more impact in the game.

I assume the system we are currently playing does not allow him to show what he can do or playing alongside better players means he has more confidence in those around him.

The system doesn't suit him. He doesn't have any of Tex's characteristics lets be honest yet he always seems to have played that no.10 role. No wonder he looks confused.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will he still be picked once he has been sent out on loan to a League 1 club next season ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll take this for what it is - good for him, good for the Albion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It saddens me to see the abuse a home grown player gets on here. It's bizarre. Football fans generally want to see home grown players coming through their ranks. Yet we have one who has represented England youth teams from the U-16's up to the U-21's. He's a player we should be really proud of. Instead there's a vocal element who seem to delight in attacking and denigrating him. They seem to take a perverse joy in slagging him off. It's a sad and frankly pathetic state of affairs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It's more to do with playing alongside good players, than the precise position on the field. One of his undoubted strengths is an ability to take instruction from a manager and perform whichever specific task he's given. This sounds obvious and simple, but there are plenty of players incapable of it.

In the Toulon tournament last summer, he played the role you describe. Almost a number 10, and did very well. Then, in the qualifiers this season, including both legs of the crucial play-off, he was the holding midfielder in a three with (£8m rated) Tom Carroll and (£10m rated) Will Hughes and stood up very well in comparison.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Midfielders: Tom Carroll (Swansea City - loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Reading - loan from Chelsea), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Will Hughes (Derby County), Jesse Lingard (Derby County - loan from Manchester United), Alex Pritchard (Brentford - loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Who would you pick?

Redmond I would put in the forward line of three even though he is not an automatic first choice for Norwich.

Carroll, as a left-sided midfielder should keep JFC out of the starting line-up? Pritchard was my first name on the list.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Harry Kane - 92 appearances for five different clubs. 30 appearances for England (u16-21) - 17 goals. Didn't pull up any trees until this year his 22nd year.
JFC - 67 appearances for 2 clubs - 7 goals; 31 appearances for England (u16-21) - 2 goals. Hasn't pulled up any trees in his 21st year.

Much, much too early to write JFC off. A year under a solid, experienced manager might be the making of him (and it's his 22nd year next year).

He's one of our own, he's one of our ownnnnnnn...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I wonder who is right?

Well I can't see it. I don't see too many obvious flaws (except when beaten by Redmond against Norwich). For the amount of time on the ball he makes relatively few mistakes, but few created chances either (Calderon has a better record). I think Solly March has more potential.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It saddens me to see the abuse a home grown player gets on here. It's bizarre. Football fans generally want to see home grown players coming through their ranks. Yet we have one who has represented England youth teams from the U-16's up to the U-21's. He's a player we should be really proud of. Instead there's a vocal element who seem to delight in attacking and denigrating him. They seem to take a perverse joy in slagging him off. It's a sad and frankly pathetic state of affairs.

Well said, it's a strange one

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Me too.

If you don't think he's good enough - that's fine - you're perfectly entitled to that opinion. But direct your ire at the manager who plays him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here