Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kane gets England Call

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Squad for forthcoming England games

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
I would probably give the below a try and see how it goes..

GK - Hart

DR-Clyne
DL - Baines
DC - Cahill
DC - Jagielka

MC - Henderson
MC - Delph

AML - Walcott
AMR - Sterling
AMC - Rooney

ST - Kane

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
THREE Man Utd defenders :ohmy:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bertrand should be in that squad instead of Shaw, not sure why we have 3 left backs.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce the likes of Ings and Austin into the squad.

also, it does say a lot when there aren't any better defenders than Smalling and Jones!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That squad just adds to the feeling for me that it is so hard to be excited by England at the moment (and especially under Hodgson).

How on Earth Walker, Townsend, Jagielka, Shaw and even someone like Ross Barkley (who has been terrible for Everton this year) are in that squad I don't know (well I do, it is based purely on reputation rather than performances). That squad is just so utterly uninspiring.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Tom Cleverly just shows if you play for a top club you get picked,now he doesn't thankfully he gets know where near the squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That squad has only 7 or 8 players anywhere near their best. Most have had mediocre seasons.

I'd play:

Hart

Clyne
Baines
Cahill
Jagielka

Henderson
Carrick

Sterling
Rooney
Lallana

Kane

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Kane, Austin and Ings should've all been in the squad with 16, 15 and 9 league goals respectively. Rooney has 11 and Welbeck has 04 but both of them have failed on the big stage (don't get me wrong they're obviously good players but they still haven't done it for England in tournaments) we will keep failing as all this squad says is that it doesn't matter how good you are, you just have to play for a big club (incidentally the 6 big clubs in the so called best league in the world are all out of Europe)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here