Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savage Beauty - Alexander McQueen at the V&A

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else going to this?

It seems to be breaking all the box office records and interestingly has out-sold the Bowie exhibition on advance tickets now.

He's certainly in my list of "great Britons", one of a kind, and I'm going in May.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, is that it? Just one other person?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Doing some work for McQueen at the moment, strange firm, no question about their credentials in their own realm, but don't particularly take the time to make sure they're getting the best or correct products from their suppliers. Seem to me to try and drive down the price of what they 'want' until they end up with something they don't want because they don't understand that they get what they pay for. No idea if they were like this when Mr McQueen was around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doing some work for McQueen at the moment, strange firm, no question about their credentials in their own realm, but don't particularly take the time to make sure they're getting the best or correct products from their suppliers. Seem to me to try and drive down the price of what they 'want' until they end up with something they don't want because they don't understand that they get what they pay for. No idea if they were like this when Mr McQueen was around.

What do work do you do with them?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So its a load of old, overpriced unwearable clothes ? Sorry not for me, it's bad enough being dragged round Mark's on the annual Crimbo Jumper Run.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So its a load of old, overpriced unwearable clothes ? Sorry not for me, it's bad enough being dragged round Mark's on the annual Crimbo Jumper Run.

Ah, but you've yet to see me in my McQueen pea-coat. You will be a changed man after this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah, but you've yet to see me in my McQueen pea-coat. You will be a changed man after this.

I'd never heard of a Pea Coat until now so, I googled it, they are quite smart if a little boring. I thought something from a designer label would be a little more radical ? It still has two sleeves, a big hole at the bottom end and a much smaller hole at the top plus a couple of extra buttons, so it's a coat but, £500 overpriced as far as I can see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here