RIP Andy Fraser...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Far too young

I was a massive Free fan, sad news

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's awful. I read an interview with him recently, he came across as a really top bloke, not at all conceited, almost humble although acutely aware and proud of his heritage... Quite right too.

Nothing short of a legend.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh and as for the prick who's tagged me a 'cock' and a 'bellend' for this thread... Take a long hard look in the mirror, you're obviously an utter, utter tosser.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Tragic isn't it. I never saw Free in concert, although I had the privilege of seeing Bad Company (with Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke) at the Rainbow in Finsbury Park in 1974. Probably my favourite gig of all.

Tragic indeed. That could have been really successful had they stayed together. By coincidence I have been listening to Free quite a bit recently as a result of replicating some of my old LPs on Spotify!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
15 and playing pro at 14! When you think about it all, coping with the fame, all of it - it's staggering really. They had a feel, free, a feel and a groove that I don't think any band will have again... awesome...

el punal

Tragic indeed. That could have been really successful had they stayed together. By coincidence I have been listening to Free quite a bit recently as a result of replicating some of my old LPs on Spotify!

I must try that myself. Strange as it may seem I bought the Free album " Tons of Sobs" back in 1974 from a second hand record store in Trafalgar Street or close by (anyone know it?). What was so unusual is that it was a Japanese edition! Worth a bob or two on eBay apparently.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strange as it may seem I bought the Free album " Tons of Sobs" back in 1974 from a second hand record store in Trafalgar Street or close by (anyone know it?)..

The Cottage. I bought tons of records from there

Sad to see about Andy Fraser: he was in the first band I ever saw, a group called The Sharks who were supporting Roxy Music at the Dome in 1973, Sadly The Sharks never made it, despite the presence of Fraser and the excellent Chris Spedding as guitarist

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great, innovative bass player. Melodic, restrained - knew when not to play. What he did on the Free Story version of Little Bit of Love is a great example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here