Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall's football ground.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I personally love it. The viewing is superb and you are close to the action. It's a smart tight little ground which i must say i prefer to watch football in then our ground. The atmosphere is normally good their but last night it was a poor turn out from the home fans.
You were allowed outside if you wanted to smoke and the stewarding very relax, No hassle whatsoever ever from them. Something ours could learn from.
It did lack real ale though. Shame they are going down as it's a good venue,
Drinking at London Bridge is also great with plenty of options.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to be jealous of their stadium

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Agree, will be a shame to lose them as its a great away day, still rather them get the boot then us!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not a personal favourite given that it is 4 separate stands, with no corners filled in. Also from reading the Simon Hughes piece in the programme there would seem to be some issues about affordable housing going up very close to the ground.

Not sure how close to the action works out being always in the top tier. Just an example of 1990s thinking, and now dated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Used to think their ground was amazing when first built, but think it's pretty average now, and from what I remember the concourses are too small.

Good location near London Bridge though.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I wonder why they've taken down the big screens?

I like it, but I understand why someone (Theo Paphitis I think) said their biggest regret was having 2 tiers all round.

That said, view is good in the upper.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not sure if it's just the away concourses, but for a newish ground they lack any warmth or individuality, horrible dirty breezeblocks. Mind you, I'd say the same about Southampton, Colchester, etc. etc.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not a personal favourite given that it is 4 separate stands, with no corners filled in. Also from reading the Simon Hughes piece in the programme there would seem to be some issues about affordable housing going up very close to the ground.

Not sure how close to the action works out being always in the top tier. Just an example of 1990s thinking, and now dated.

Probably the right design of stadium for a team like Millwall, with their fans reputation for trouble.

Imagine if the away fans were separated by some flimsy netting and a few stewards every home game.

theboybilly

The Amex is the benchmark now in so many ways. The Den last night was uninspiring (I was the fourth person through the turnstile) and it took me ages to truly feel that I was inside a football ground. The food was average fare and the choice of drink disappointing. The stewards on the concourses were fine but those in the central aisle of the top tier were pretty hopeless. It took the senior man to come up to sort people from blocking the aisles. The Den is better, much better in fact, than say Loftus Road but no better than Molineux, the iPro Stadium or the Majedski. From a safety point of view I think the exits are all wrong for the steepness of the steps....again the Amex is superb in this respect.

el punal

Not sure if it's just the away concourses, but for a newish ground they lack any warmth or individuality, horrible dirty breezeblocks. Mind you, I'd say the same about Southampton, Colchester, etc. etc.

Now if it was the old Den, those horrible, dirty, breeze blocks would be flying around your head as we speak. :D

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably the right design of stadium for a team like Millwall, with their fans reputation for trouble.

Imagine if the away fans were separated by some flimsy netting and a few stewards every home game.

Its not like they would figure out how to overpower the netting though is it .

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
One of my favourite new-build grounds. Much nicer than the ikea flatpack bowls that many other teams have, and I like having 4 separate stands. The concourses are pretty rubbish though.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I personally love it. The viewing is superb and you are close to the action. It's a smart tight little ground which i must say i prefer to watch football in then our ground. The atmosphere is normally good their but last night it was a poor turn out from the home fans.
You were allowed outside if you wanted to smoke and the stewarding very relax, No hassle whatsoever ever from them. Something ours could learn from.
It did lack real ale though. Shame they are going down as it's a good venue,
Drinking at London Bridge is also great with plenty of options.

This is what you call a tight little ground close to the action

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfw_kQna2yU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here