Budget 2015

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
12:30 today.

[tweet]578138988860555265[/tweet]

Really looking forward to another economic tour-de-force from the current government which could give them the tailwind required to put the Downing Street removal men on hold for at least another five years.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Absolutely. Everyone will also be nicely buoyed by today's unemployment figures.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I have a few choice words for certain person but i am going to keep them to myself due to high chance of getting myself banned from NSC. Either way i don't like the bloke.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Budget for buying or loaning strikers.........Buy one, get one half price!!
Just bought two pairs of glasses from Boots, got the above deal, and now I can see the goal in our local park.
Thats where the ball goes :facepalm::D

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Apparently increasing the 10k b4 u start paying tax to 11k Ed Ballsup says that doesn't go far enough, let's be honest Gideon could move it to 20k and that **** would bear issue

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
12:30 today.

[tweet]578138988860555265[/tweet]

Really looking forward to another economic tour-de-force from the current government which could give them the tailwind required to put the Downing Street removal men on hold for at least another five years.

Are you sure that I'm wild and inaccurate in my suspicions about your party allegiances? :shrug::shrug:
You could always come out and say you're a Lib Dem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My main worry is that he'll raise the inheritance tax threshold.

A horrible policy IMO and one that the lily-livered Lib Dems should be blocking. However, he can certainly lower income tax for all I care.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My main worry is that he'll raise the inheritance tax threshold.

A horrible policy IMO and one that the lily-livered Lib Dems should be blocking. However, he can certainly lower income tax for all I care.
Surely raising the threshold would help lessen the effects of the tax. And that's a good thing right?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surely raising the threshold would help lessen the effects of the tax. And that's a good thing right?
No, it's a terrible thing.

There have been many measures taken to assist with redistribution of wealth since before Dickensian days (when everyone was on the breadline except the filthy rich): forming unions and the right to strike, minimum wage, income taxation, a free NHS and so on. But by far and away the most successful policy has been the formation of inheritance tax.

So IMO, removing this is a massive backward step. Lower income tax and VAT: I can understand these policies, they penalise hard work. But removing inheritance tax? No thanks - it's a tool for ensuring the rich stay rich. And of course it's an absolute disgrace that the Royal family are exempt from it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

There have been many measures taken to assist with redistribution of wealth since before Dickensian days (when everyone was on the breadline except the filthy rich): forming unions and the right to strike, minimum wage, income taxation, a free NHS and so on. But by far and away the most successful policy has been the formation of inheritance tax.

So IMO, removing this is a massive backward step. Lower income tax and VAT: I can understand these policies, they penalise hard work. But removing inheritance tax? No thanks - it's a tool for ensuring the rich stay rich. And of course it's an absolute disgrace that the Royal family are exempt from it.

Let's hope your home and savings when you die aren't worth more than the pathically low £375k then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going out for a run - looking forward to masses of good news when I come back - some money off cider tax being the obvious big ticket item of the day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's hope your home and savings when you die aren't worth more than the pathically low £375k then.

Don't be so soppy. Of course they'll be worth more than that. As it is, my kids stand to inherit all £375k plus 60% of anything on top. That's quite a lot of money to receive for doing fck all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Crikey, my family is certainly not rich, not even 'well off' but my parents live in a small house in a good area. My brother has never had the money to buy his own house, were my parents to pass away, their inheritance money from the house would be massively eaten into by the tax and probably ensure that he couldn't afford to live in their home. Surely it penalises those of us who live down south, higher cost of living, housing and tax?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Crikey, my family is certainly not rich, not even 'well off' but my parents live in a small house in a good area. My brother has never had the money to buy his own house, were my parents to pass away, their inheritance money from the house would be massively eaten into by the tax and probably ensure that he couldn't afford to live in their home. Surely it penalises those of us who live down south, higher cost of living, housing and tax?
How does it penalise YOU? You're dead, remember.

It doesn't penalise anyone. That's the whole point.

And I don't really have much sympathy for the anecdoatal example of your brother not being able to buy his own house - well, I do but no more than anybody else who can't afford it. That's an issue that needs to be fixed by the country building more houses in areas where there is work available - not by him being handed it on a plate by his parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here