Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given we stay up which players do you see starting next season?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

And also which area do you think will be most heavily invested in defence, midfield or attack?

Stockdale

Dunk

Kayal
Stephens

Anyone else?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

And also which area do you think will be most heavily invested in defence, midfield or attack?

Stockdale

Dunk

Kayal
Stephens

Anyone else?

I think Walton will push Stockdale next season and I think he could become number 1 or we risk losing him.
Ince is my only addition to your list, but we know there will be many of the present squad as no way we will clear out/ bring in that amount of players.My view is we need to invest in all those areas, so it will be an interesting summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Stockdale

Dunk

Kayal
Stephens

Anyone else?

Total wishful thinking if you believe that we are going to replace every other first team player with somebody better...imo like.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon we'll make a bid for Bennett - we need to have some consistency at LB

Bruno has signed a new deal so I'd expect him to start. Ince or Holla will be there too

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I suspect the following will be regular next season

Stockdale
Dunk
Kayal
Stevens
Baldock

The next will be in and out of the team

Bruno
Calderon
Ince
JFC
KLL
Walton
Crofts
Holla
Greer

we will need two wingers, left back, right sided central defender and two strikers

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Stockdale

Dunk

Kayal
Stephens

Anyone else?
Walton
Baldock
LuaLua
Ince
Bruno
Croft
March
JFC
Halford and Bennett of the loanees.

Ankergren & Calderon on the coaching staff registered as players

Maksimenko:Chicksen:Greer:Holla:CMS:Hughes:COG:McCarthy all to leave

Incoming (6):
Centre Back
Striker
Striker
Striker
Right Back
Winger

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

McCarthy? Have you just arrived from 1993? :)

And COG and Holla are both on three-year deals, we'd have to sell them. I think CH quite likes Holla, so he'll be here for sure

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Walton
Baldock
LuaLua
Ince
Bruno
Croft
March
JFC
Halford and Bennett of the loanees.

Ankergren & Calderon on the coaching staff registered as players

Incoming (6):
Centre Back
Striker
Striker
Striker
Right Back
Winger

A few people have mentioned Baldock, do you see him being played as an advanced winger or getting a go in his preferred position?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Total wishful thinking if you believe that we are going to replace every other first team player with somebody better...imo like.

Shirley Blooms investment of the field has to be protected on it? Also why go to the bother of creating a new recruitment structure if you don't intend to use it?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
A few people have mentioned Baldock, do you see him being played as an advanced winger or getting a go in his preferred position?

CH seems to like Baldock. If we played like we did last night then he would be ideal partnered alongside a COG type player. But he also offers a good attacking threat from wide left in a 451/433 system and I think his movement when playing out there has been very good. He is the one striker I would defiantly keep as he is the only current one who looks like he has goals in him

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Think we will be looking to bring in a striker to play him off.
If you could get the midfield to break at pace in support and/or find a tall winger who could occasionally threaten when the ball is crossed I would even play Baldock as lone striker ahead of what we have now.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I THINK regular starters will be;

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Kayal
Ince
Stephens
Baldock

Regular bench players will be;

Walton
Greer
Calde
LuaLua

Not what I WANT though. I'd be happier if Stockdale and Dunk were replaced with more consistent players!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Think we will be looking to bring in a striker to play him off.
If you could get the midfield to break at pace in support and/or find a tall winger who could occasionally threaten when the ball is crossed I would even play Baldock as lone striker ahead of what we have now.
I think Baldock will get 15+ goals next year. He's a decent player that has been misused and unlucky with injuries this year.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Stockdale needs to sort himself out because at the moment while he may occasionally pull out a wonder save, it's not good enough when you are consistently making mistakes that cost goals and points. If he doesn't we will also need a new keeper (or promote walton), because at championship level that is unacceptable.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Stockdale needs to sort himself out because at the moment while he may occasionally pull out a wonder save, it's not good enough when you are consistently making mistakes that cost goals and points. If he doesn't we will also need a new keeper (or promote walton), because at championship level that is unacceptable.

I feel if we were in a safer position Walton would have been given an opportunity by now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I'd LIKE to see, whilst still being fairly realistic.

Stockdale/Walton

Bruno
Dunk
Halford/New CB
Bennett

Ince/Holla

Kayal (c)
Stephens/Tex

New LW/March
New Striker
New RW

Paying the bills