Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS and Best

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
How many goals have they got between them in their last 100 games combined? Would they reach double figures?

Why the hell aren't we starting COG and Tex?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was an appalling game tonight, devoid of any skill or nous to try and win.

Luckily we are just a bit better than Millwall but to be honest the gap is not that big.

Best was non-existant for the first half-hour (seemed like CMS was playing as a lone striker in a 4-4-2) but then had a decent game after that I thought, stung the keeper's hands and won some free kicks in danger areas (think the Bennett crossbar was his?). He's probably no answer to our strker problems but was not as bad as most of our midfield

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Christ in hell, if I could think of a worst forward line ever it would be them. Best is past it and CM-S God knows what anyone can see in his inability to play at this level.
Has our manager lost his specs or contacts or simply having a mental breakdown.
Hopefully not but CM-S - Jesus Christ - a three legged, demented, loony, meerkat or even monkey could be more productive...................

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Surprising to see this thread, only because on BBC Sussex they was saying that best had an excellent 2nd half and its the best they have seen him play. (Excuse the pun)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Surprising to see this thread, only because on BBC Sussex they was saying that best had an excellent 2nd half and its the best they have seen him play. (Excuse the pun)

But they didn't score two goals each, so they are rubbish. There are none so blind as they who will not see.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I find it a little worrying the comments from the fans who went to the game, as I always thought that WA really told us on the radio how it was and last night he said Best was having a really good game and was disappointed to see him subbed. So who do you now believe?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Best at his Best is useless....and as for CMS..his misses last saturday sums him up...Headless chicken.....I was not a huge fan of COG,but if you compare him with CMS he`s world class..

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find it a little worrying the comments from the fans who went to the game, as I always thought that WA really told us on the radio how it was and last night he said Best was having a really good game and was disappointed to see him subbed. So who do you now believe?

He was a bit better than CMS who was in my view woeful, but that doesn't get him anywhere near a 'really good game'. Seems to be lazy, doesn't get into good positions and can only recall one shot from him. Lost the ball in possession several times as well (although most of the team were guilty of that). He also looks frustrated - lots of angry arm-waving at his team mates when they didn't pass to him (even if he was in no position to be passed to anyway)

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
WA was a good player at this level and has been inciteful on a number of issues over recent months. Despite his short playing career for us, he shows a real love. I love his "from the heart comments".

If WA says he had a good game, he did and he did

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
WA was a good player at this level and has been insightful on a number of issues over recent months. Despite his short playing career for us, he shows a real love. I love his "from the heart comments".

If WA says he had a good game, he did and he did

Corrected for you! :thumbsup:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I suppose what we don't know is,was Best scouted by Warren and if it was his recommendation we signed him.Might just blinker Warrens opinion on how he played.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

These are possibly the same fans who said Ashley Barnes was useless, but he is now the only one of our ex players doing a good job in the PL. So I would believe WA, but you must decide for yourself.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
These are possibly the same fans who said Ashley Barnes was useless, but he is now the only one of our ex players doing a good job in the PL. So I would believe WA, but you must decide for yourself.

Do you go last night? If you did it was plain to see that Best and CMS are both not up to standard. All CMS offers is running around like a frenzied dog but not actually creating anything and Best just strolls around like he is not interested. He had a couple of good touches but is still not up to this level. There is no way you can compare CMS or Best to Ashley Barnes.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

I can't remember if WA said Barnes was a good or bad player or not to be honest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here