Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backing Macca

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Vital to securing safety in my humble opinion. One goal could change everything...

I've just finished watching the Wolves highlights on player, and he bloody was on side! Sadly (as borne out tonight) he's clearly utterly bereft of belief and confidence. However; If it's a choice between CMS and Best, well the answer is pretty simple: CMS all day long.

He needs support not derision, alas after the 'pass' tonight I reckon he's going to be at a low ebb, so perhaps it's down to the faithful to rekindle hope & belief?!? the rest will surely follow.

I urge you to back him, obviously he's not a world beater but we all know he can score at this level - he's a likeable chap too, gives plenty - perhaps it's time to send some of that good faith back to him.

Craig I love you man, and your hair says it all - you rock bro :rock:

Give us a goal bro... believe... I do.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm not accusing anyone of not giving CMS a chance btw, more that now is clearly his hour of need... I choose to lend a hand that's all... after all where's the harm in hope?!?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
He's one of few players to actually have his own song that is still sung fairly regularly, even when he's just warming up as a sub. Short of taking it in turns to go round his house and giving him a back rub whilst whispering 'you're brilliant, Craig' into his ear, I'm not sure what else we, as fans, can do. ???

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep - he needs a change of luck for sure. I guess it's a case of expecting him to miss, you can hear it writ large in the pensive intake of breath when he gets a sight of goal at the Amex... we expect him to miss, thus he expects to miss, it's a crippling stalemate ... I agree; what can you do?!? I say we need to expect him to destroy the opposing GK, net and all with his next attempt at goal.

There is power after all, in positive thinking.

CMS, oh he'll miss vs bust the f'ing net mate!

Go on... destroy it Craig.

The rest that follows is just noise.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Agree totally with Kosh. CMS all day long. It isn't unknown for strikers to have unproductive periods in terms of goals.

He brings a lot else. The "headless chicken" Jibes are not justified in my view. Apart from anything else he is often making opposing defenders and goalkeepers rush their clearances/passes when he is bearing down on them at great speed.

Openmyeyes

Nov 7, 2012
Come on everyone loves the idea of CMS but the reality is that he ain't looking like he will score. Best looked quicker and more dangerous tonight, which is going some given his general body language suggests WHAT AM I DOING HERE. Shame last 2 subs not made a bit quicker.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep - he needs a change of luck for sure. I guess it's a case of expecting him to miss, you can hear it writ large in the pensive intake of breath when he gets a sight of goal at the Amex... we expect him to miss, thus he expects to miss, it's a crippling stalemate ... I agree; what can you do?!? I say we need to expect him to destroy the opposing GK, net and all with his next attempt at goal.

There is power after all, in positive thinking.

CMS, oh he'll miss vs bust the f'ing net mate!

Go on... destroy it Craig.

The rest that follows is just noise.

The poor guy can't buy a goal, and when he gets one, some dumb ass rules it out :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Dave is spot on - again. It's just fashionable to have a pop at him to be honest. "Oh he cost 2.5m and he's this, that and the other. He's an abject failure, he's useless, he's the suckiest suck that ever sucked etc. sigh and so on..."

Well - did he ask to be bought at such an inflated price?!? no... prior to his injury he was in great form. I'm sick of some of the headless morons who rule the roost on nsc these days, you're just a sad bunch of ****ing wannabe footballing experts, who offer naught but negativity, and hilarious put downs on such a repetitive basis it beggars belief.

Listen and listen good: you're nothing compared to CMS, most of you amount to a pile of shite so high I doubt I'll ever conquer it. The good news is, that eventually all mountains crumble into the ocean... yours, yes your very own sea of mediocrity.

Get behind one of the hardest working players we've ever had and stop decrying his every attempt to win games of football for a club he clearly adores.

Please note - I said 'some', sadly a very loud minority. But that's just my opinion, like yours, worthless really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree totally with Kosh. CMS all day long. It isn't unknown for strikers to have unproductive periods in terms of goals.
Unproductive spells - fine. Unproductive seasons - sorry, we don't need those.

At the end of the day, he's paid (probably quite handsomely) to score goals. And he doesn't.

Nice bloke? - yeh, probably, but his contract is up at the end of the season, and I hope he finds a degree of success. Somewhere else.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I want CMS to do well like most of us but how come he does not get the pelters that was dished out to Ashley Barnes.
Ashley did a better job for us so what is it about CMS that people like, is it the haircut and the running around endlessly.
Ashley fought hard, ran back, scored goals and played out of posistion. He even belted the ref.
Anyhows I do agree with OP and we should have a CMS match next home game whereas his name is chanted for the whole of the 90 minutes and see if that works.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Unproductive spells - fine. Unproductive seasons - sorry, we don't need those.

At the end of the day, he's paid (probably quite handsomely) to score goals. And he doesn't.

Nice bloke? - yeh, probably, but his contract is up at the end of the season, and I hope he finds a degree of success. Somewhere else.

So tell me - which of our other world beating strikers are currently having a 'productive season?' Your words, not mine. By your reckoning they're all crap and we should get shot of them all. The reality, and I'm no expert as are you, is that (I feel) the service has been and remains the issue. As you say he's a nice bloke though, so why wish him ill? right!?!

Yoda

English & European
His goals per start when he was fit, and in form (12/13) wasn't too shabby.

2011/12 he scored 10 goals in 43 starts.
2012/13 he scored 11 goals in 26 starts. < The kind of strike rate we need
2013/14 he scored 0 goals in 0 starts.
2014/15 he has scored 2 goals in 17 starts.

Unfortunately, the most he's started this season in a row is 4 games, and strikers need games to get their eye in. He's not been given that since he ruptured his Achilles.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So tell me - which of our other world beating strikers are currently having a 'productive season?' Your words, not mine. By your reckoning they're all crap and we should get shot of them all. The reality, and I'm no expert as are you, is that (I feel) the service has been and remains the issue. As you say he's a nice bloke though, so why wish him ill? right!?!

If you came off your high horse long enough to read what was written rather than just fit everything to your blind preconceptions, you'd see that I did wish him well after he leaves us in the summer.

You'd also see that I didn't say that any of our other strikers were world beaters. I realise that doesn't suit your agenda; your problem, not mine. Many of our players, not just the strikers, haven't had a good season - and I expect some of them will go in the summer, but certainly not all of them. I never said we should get shot of all of them - that was your (false) perception, presumably coloured by your particular agenda on this thread.

As you rightly say, you are no expert; I have never claimed to be one either. The one inescapable fact, though, and one that does not require an expert to see, is that taken as a whole, CMS's career at Brighton has not been a great success.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here